?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
15 marks....i need help please
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Logical problem of evil is the claim that evil and the God of classical theism (as defined as omnibenevolent, omnipotent and omniscient) cannot exist together. In other words, there is no possible world in which both evil and the God of classical theism exist. Their co-existence is impossible. Mackie argued for this.

The Evidential problem of evil is the claim that an imperfect world, due to the existence of evil, is better evidence for an imperfect or non-existent God than a perfect one. It is possible that evil and a perfect God exist together however it is more likely that they don’t and therefore we have most reason to believe that they don’t and that therefore the God of classical theism does not exist. Hume argued for this.
A level RPP
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joe312)
The Logical problem of evil is the claim that evil and the God of classical theism (as defined as omnibenevolent, omnipotent and omniscient) cannot exist together. In other words, there is no possible world in which both evil and the God of classical theism exist. Their co-existence is impossible. Mackie argued for this.

The Evidential problem of evil is the claim that an imperfect world, due to the existence of evil, is better evidence for an imperfect or non-existent God than a perfect one. It is possible that evil and a perfect God exist together however it is more likely that they don’t and therefore we have most reason to believe that they don’t and that therefore the God of classical theism does not exist. Hume argued for this.
Thanks....what did you get in a level RS??
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by A level RPP)
Thanks....what did you get in a level RS??
Never did RS A level. Got a masters degree in Philosophy if that counts tho.
A level RPP
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joe312)
Never did RS A level. Got a masters degree in Philosophy if that counts tho.
Oooh.. what a levels did u take??? What uni did you go to???
thaliaevelyn
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
being mean makes me feel bad
A level RPP
Rep:
?
What do u mean???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed