Turn on thread page Beta

Hate my apprenticeship and I’m depressed watch

Announcements

Basically I have just left school in June this year and I suffered major depression whilst at school. My happiest time was between June and August this year when I left as I didn’t have to see anyone again as I had such a bad time at school. Hence why I decided to do an apprenticeship so that I didn’t have to face everyone at college.

I now have a travel consulting apprenticeship which I started at the beginning of September. I have some good and some bad days at work (mostly bad depending how I feel) I feel as soon as I’ve started working my depression has crept back up on me. I would love just to have a year or so to myself then start working. I have no idea how to express this to work or to my parents OR weather it’s even the right thing to do. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Have you had any talking therapy, Anti depressants? is there anyone too talk to at work or at home?

(Original post by Shanguus)
    Have you had any talking therapy, Anti depressants? is there anyone too talk to at work or at home?
    At work they aren’t really that caring. My boss is a bit big headed, only does like 20 hours a week. And at home I only have my parents but I hate telling them things like this especially because they are proud I got the job at 16 and also they think I enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Stick it through. It will turn out ok in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    At work they aren’t really that caring. My boss is a bit big headed, only does like 20 hours a week. And at home I only have my parents but I hate telling them things like this especially because they are proud I got the job at 16 and also they think I enjoy it.
    Honestly, it wont get better if you just sit on it, if i were you id stay in the apprenticeship if the career prospects are good - if you leave then want to go on an apprenticeship they may not hire you as you left your previous one - training apprentices is very expensive. My parents aren't understanding on things like this but id go tell them depending on how bad your depression is you might want to see a professional. If the work is making you depressed you might want to leave and look for a new one

(Original post by Shanguus)
    Honestly, it wont get better if you just sit on it, if i were you id stay in the apprenticeship if the career prospects are good - if you leave then want to go on an apprenticeship they may not hire you as you left your previous one - training apprentices is very expensive. My parents aren't understanding on things like this but id go tell them depending on how bad your depression is you might want to see a professional. If the work is making you depressed you might want to leave and look for a new one
    What makes it worse is at work there is girls who started in 2016 so 2 years older than me and aren’t yet qualified themselves (still trainees) and telling me what to do all the time. Constantly putting me down etc but I’m sure they will have been the same at some point. I actually cried in work the other week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What makes it worse is at work there is girls who started in 2016 so 2 years older than me and aren’t yet qualified themselves (still trainees) and telling me what to do all the time. Constantly putting me down etc but I’m sure they will have been the same at some point. I actually cried in work the other week.
    Bro i dont know what to say, this company called Kooth came around my school they offer online counselling services (they are free). That way you dont need to tell your parents that you feel like ****. there website is Kooth.com. They have counsellors on until 10pm. Go there tell them everything and ask for advice.
    I wish you all the best

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.