The Student Room Group

Why do people hate feminism?

Surely feminism is a good thing? No hate please but obviously arguments are allowed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
they dont dislike the concept rather the people who preach it and the way they alter it to only benefit them
Modern feminism I hate. I'm all for equal rights but feminism nowadays ain't about that unfortunately
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Modern feminism I hate. I'm all for equal rights but feminism nowadays ain't about that unfortunately

Holy crap. I remember you. How’s Evancredible? By the way, you kind of summarised the points made in the videos I put forward. Nice one.
Because these women are ridiculous. Wearing pussy hats and promoting being sluts. I mean, come on.
Original post by iamlasagne
Surely feminism is a good thing? No hate please but obviously arguments are allowed.

urgh i hate threads like this. We'll describe feminism as it rears its ugly head in modern western society and then some feminist will be like no "it's about equality and respect for women!" That's how these threads and stupid debates always end up. No feminism in western society today is BS

And no you dont have to be a feminist to treat men and women with respect and dignity alright? Its called being a decent human being.
Original post by Archurus23
Holy crap. I remember you. How’s Evancredible? By the way, you kind of summarised the points made in the videos I put forward. Nice one.

Wattup bro! Been a while :biggrin: Evancredible is doing great! Or he was until I fed him to the pigeons :K:
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Wattup bro! Been a while :biggrin: Evancredible is doing great! Or he was until I fed him to the pigeons :K:

Oh dear. Well at least your other son shall fly the flag. Keep up the funny
Original post by Trapmoneybenny
urgh i hate threads like this. We'll describe feminism as it rears its ugly head in modern western society and then some feminist will be like no "it's about equality and respect for women!" That's how these threads and stupid debates always end up. No feminism in western society today is BS

And no you dont have to be a feminist to treat men and women with respect and dignity alright? Its called being a decent human being.

Thank you
Original post by Archurus23
Oh dear. Well at least your other son shall fly the flag. Keep up the funny

:wink:
Original post by Trapmoneybenny

Why do people like you hate these threads but still comment on them? Just don't click on the thread.
Original post by Capitalist_Lamb
Because these women are ridiculous. Wearing pussy hats and promoting being sluts. I mean, come on.

its a bad thing that women enjoy being sluts?
its an insecurity thing. men hate the fact that they're becoming obsolete to women

they only support feminism whole-heartedly when it comes to splitting the bill (surprise surprise)
Original post by goggleyed
its a bad thing that women enjoy being sluts?

No. They can enjoy being sluts if they want to be. But I don't enjoy them being sluts. However, I cannot control, nor do I want to control their actions. However, they are trying to control the way I think about sluts. I think it's wrong, that's my opinion, they just need to stop trying to change people and maybe just change themselves.
why is there a new thread with this title every other day but the mods get angry at someone wanting to make a holiday home video
Original post by yolkie
why is there a new thread with this title every other day but the mods get angry at someone wanting to make a holiday home video

Because mods are morons?
Feminism nowadays is simply used to control men. The equal rights is ********, if a female feminist has more rights than a man then she won’t fight for a man to have equal rights but if a man has more rights then she’d do anything to discredit that person and make their life hell. This is at least what I’ve concluded from my experiences.
Original post by shellop
its an insecurity thing. men hate the fact that they're becoming obsolete to women

they only support feminism whole-heartedly when it comes to splitting the bill (surprise surprise)

Lol what? Have you not heard of MGTOW and how they’re basically leaving females out of their lives because of how society is towards men lol. It’s more women becoming obsolete to men than anything imo
People don’t hate what feminism was but what feminism has become.

Modern feminism has shifted racial and sexual identity to the centre of everything. Going into the Facebook comment sections of any feminist news pages will show you this. Every negative thing a straight white male does, is now simply because they’re a straight white male.
Terms such as ‘mansplaining’. Women believe men do it to them because they’re women. No. It’s because they’re an idiot, who happens to be a woman. Men do it to other men too. Women do it to other women and men too.
It’s perpetuated a form of ‘victim olympics’ which seems to give you points which can then be used to object to things that really have nothing to do with the individual or are completely pointless.

For something to claim to be all about liberty, it really does put a whole host of constraints onto people. On what they can say, do or even think. No thanks.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest