kingshot_cartel7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hey everyone,

I'm predicted 9A*s and 2As but don't know which sixth forms to apply to. I'm slightly leaning towards LAE since I know a person who got similar GCSE results to mine and has a conditional offer at UCL. However, other people recommend Seven Kings since it is close to home and NCS for the renowned teaching. Can anyone who goes to these sixth forms give advice so I can decide where to go?

Many Thanks
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
bxkhan
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
WOAH they're amazing predicted grades! LAE does seem nice, have you been to the open day? I just went last weekend, it was nice, good facilities and excellent results. I'm in the same situation too, seven kings is near me, and idk which college to go to, oh well. MAKE SURE YOU GO TO THE NCS OPEN DAY so you can see how it is, and ask current students. once I go to the NCS open day, ill update you if I remember lol

hope this helped
kingshot_cartel7
Rep:
?
(Original post by bxkhan)
WOAH they're amazing predicted grades! LAE does seem nice, have you been to the open day? I just went last weekend, it was nice, good facilities and excellent results. I'm in the same situation too, seven kings is near me, and idk which college to go to, oh well. MAKE SURE YOU GO TO THE NCS OPEN DAY so you can see how it is, and ask current students. once I go to the NCS open day, ill update you if I remember lol

hope this helped
I went to LAE last Saturday and I was also pleased with the facilities and atmosphere as well. I'm on a school trip on the day of the open evening (29th) so I won't be able to go to NCS, but I've heard that they are direct competitors with LAE. Btw which skl do you go to? p.s I'm sure you've also got amazing predicted grades as well
bxkhan
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
omg LOLLLL we went to LAE on the same day omg! the only thing that I didn't like about LAE was the atmosphere- idk it seemed a bit 'dry' unlike Brampton. I just really want to go to a good sixth form and not regret my choice. Anddddd you probably won't know my school aha, it's a private small one 😂 and yes I'm going to NCS tommorow! I hope they live upto my expectations

and ah thanks, I'm getting mine soon which is scary af
kingshot_cartel7
Rep:
?
(Original post by bxkhan)
omg LOLLLL we went to LAE on the same day omg! the only thing that I didn't like about LAE was the atmosphere- idk it seemed a bit 'dry' unlike Brampton. I just really want to go to a good sixth form and not regret my choice. Anddddd you probably won't know my school aha, it's a private small one 😂 and yes I'm going to NCS tommorow! I hope they live upto my expectations

and ah thanks, I'm getting mine soon which is scary af
I'm planning to apply to : lae, ncs, brampton, seven kings and possibly ilford county because its close, and from private small school im assuming youre talking abt bancrofts or something
bxkhan
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
yeah same, ncs, lae, brampton, seven kings and if everything fails then isaac newton. And LOOOOL not Bancroft ha it's a faith school, you won't know it LOL what school do you go to if you don't mind me asking?
kingshot_cartel7
Rep:
?
i go to oaks park which doesn't exactly have the best type of sixth form
sungeun
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
my brother went to sevens kings its good, but he ended up going to queens mary a *****y uni
kingshot_cartel7
Rep:
?
(Original post by sungeun)
my brother went to sevens kings its good, but he ended up going to queens mary a *****y uni
queen mary is pretty notable in the uk, it just depends on whether he enjoys whatever hes studying
bxkhan
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
@kingshot_cartel7

Yooooo how did your applications go, did you get an interview for LAE? There's also this NCS morning thing, did you get an email about that?
Boss_Rhythm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Don't go seven kings its a ****hole :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
13.33%
They might tell the bully (2)
13.33%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
20%
It might lead to more bullying (4)
26.67%
There's nothing they could do (4)
26.67%

Watched Threads