The Student Room Group

University situation

Just wondering what everyones situation and attitude is if im being too nosy don't reply lol. Just trying to get some idea of what the norm is. Answer the following:

Do your parents pay your fees?
If not how much debt will you leave with?
What are you studying?
Will your qualification be worth the money?
Where will this degree lead you?
I'll be getting the tuition loan. Not sure the exact amount but accept it will probably bring a tear to the eye lol. I'll be studying History and I intend to enjoy it so yes it is worth it. I intend it to lead me to 1) a MA in Peace Studies 2) a PGCE or TEFL and 3) working for the UN or a charitable organisation.

=D
Reply 2
Nope

£27,000

What are you studying
TV Production

As far as I'm concerned, yes. It's not going to get me into a job with a huge wage, but I didn't take it for that; it's doing exactly what I wanted to be paying for - educating me.

Hopefully to a career in the television industry, though it's a tough career to get into - lots of competition. Even if I don't make it, I've got the skills there to spend my life making professional films/start up my own film-making company, if I decide to.
No.
Circa £15k.
Politics.
Who's to say, I'm not particularly bothered.
Perhaps to my fortune, perhaps to the scrapheap, I don't know for I'm not especially contemplative of life's vicissitudes.
Do your parents pay your fees? No.

If not how much debt will you leave with? Too much. Assuming I'm here 6 years, and the tuition fees for my last 2 years are paid for- £12,000 tuition fees + £ 30,000 living costs (potentially I can borrow 30k, but I won't be paying rent after this term is over, so I won't be spending anywhere near that). Still the £12,000 fees alone + the one year I've spent £5,000 on accomodation = £17,000 (which will then have living costs other than rent /transport added to it etc).

What are you studying?
Medicine.

I think (hope!) so.

Where will this degree lead you? To a career as a doctor of some kind, unless I have a change of heart.
no
c. £20 000
Celtic Studies
Worth it in some respects...
More education hopefully. Until I become so sick of it I am actually motivated to get a job :biggrin:
Riddy
Just wondering what everyones situation and attitude is if im being too nosy don't reply lol. Just trying to get some idea of what the norm is. Answer the following:

What are you studying?

No
Not sure, but approximately 15,000 pounds :s-smilie:
Music! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Definitely!
Hopefully onto a Masters, if not, wherever life takes me!
Reply 7
Do a search of the forum and you should be able to find all the answers to your questions :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending