The Student Room Group

Ivanka Trump used personal email for White House business

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46271021

Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send hundreds of messages discussing official White House business last year, officials confirm.
A review into her emails revealed she had used her private address to contact government officials.

Ms Trump sent the emails before she was briefed on the rules, her lawyer says.

In 2016, her father Donald Trump accused Hillary Clinton of putting the US "in danger" over her use of a private email while secretary of state.

On Monday, The Washington Post reported that while Ms Trump's emails contained mostly logistical and personal information, some may still have been in violation of federal records

So, lock her up, right Donald?

Scroll to see replies

The irony. I look forward to this falling on deaf ears from Trump and his supporters.
Classified material or not?
Reply 4
Clearly Clinton's actions were worse, both in potential damage due to position and in that she should have known better than the newbie Ivanka. Dunno what should happen to Ivanka, but considering that Hilary wasn't punished I'd expect Ivanka to stay out of prison too, even if she wasn't Trump's daughter.
The mental gymastics Trump's supporters go through are insane. Almost as insane as the stupidity, naiivity, and hypocristy of the Trump family.

Granted, it isn't as serious as Hillary's event - or even the one during the Bush administration, IIRC - but it was one of the biggest mottos of his campaign: "Lock Her Up".
Well indict her as soon as Crooked Hillary is indicted
It was big for the FBI and Comey to put Hillary on the spot like that so close to the election, they may have infuenced it more than all Russian agents put together. For all the talk of online subversion, for the FBI to start an investigation eleven days before the election was big news, broadcast to the four corners and beyond that social media.

That may have even made all the difference in some close calls but since then we've had Comey sacked and outed as a bit of a Trumpophobe, doesn't add up on the surface. What adds up is that, had the FBI set out to influence the election in favour of Trump, it would be useful to put one of their own in charge of an investigation pointing elsewhere and make it last until the next one comes along and we forget all about it.

edit: sorry, forgot about Ivanka. Yeah, impeach her and lock him up.
(edited 5 years ago)
The whole lot of them are ****ing imbeciles. It's all a grand showcase of subjecting politics to a whole new era of ridicule. The leading showman, Donald Trump, who merely instigates tension across all corners, has done nothing but dictate his country ( And that of affiliated internationals) on an oath of fallacy coupled with hypocrisy. That little degenerate daughter of his, who bears 2 brain cells (in utmost generosity), thinks she can get a pass on this? It's disappointing to grasp the mere fact that this coverage of news, by some means, will be sugar-coated; With many being oblivious to the cast of shame put on Hillary by Donald for the same cause; breach of national security. By no means does this statement serve as a manifesto for portraying Hillary as a saint, but the unjust strikes that were delivered to Hillary should be counteracted by the same endeavor of being vindictive to this *****. I wholeheartedly thought his presidency would be short-lived... guess America has developed the strong tolerance to bear such elementary means of political diplomacy ( Or is seemingly advocating for). No this isn't a rant, but points to consider that others find it ****ing hard to comprehend. I do apologize for my use of profanity, but it's a means of venting my frustration.
Reply 9
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz

Not classified. She did wrong, but not Hillary Clinton wrong. She also didn’t delete 10,000 subpoenaed emails.
Yours sincerely,

An American
Original post by AngeryPenguin
The mental gymastics Trump's supporters go through are insane. Almost as insane as the stupidity, naiivity, and hypocristy of the Trump family.

Granted, it isn't as serious as Hillary's event - or even the one during the Bush administration, IIRC - but it was one of the biggest mottos of his campaign: "Lock Her Up".

You say yourself Hillary did worse, how is it mental gymnastics for Ivanka to get away with it when Hillary got away with worse? Sure, call for the FBI probes if it makes you feel better, but honestly, do you think Ivanka will have done worse in a shorter time frame in a less senior position? Bear in mind the FBI let Hillary off anyway.

Original post by Joking111
The whole lot of them are ****ing imbeciles. It's all a grand showcase of subjecting politics to a whole new era of ridicule. The leading showman, Donald Trump, who merely instigates tension across all corners, has done nothing but dictate his country ( And that of affiliated internationals) on an oath of fallacy coupled with hypocrisy. That little degenerate daughter of his, who bears 2 brain cells (in utmost generosity), thinks she can get a pass on this? It's disappointing to grasp the mere fact that this coverage of news, by some means, will be sugar-coated; With many being oblivious to the cast of shame put on Hillary by Donald for the same cause; breach of national security. By no means does this statement serve as a manifesto for portraying Hillary as a saint, but the unjust strikes that were delivered to Hillary should be counteracted by the same endeavor of being vindictive to this *****. I wholeheartedly thought his presidency would be short-lived... guess America has developed the strong tolerance to bear such elementary means of political diplomacy ( Or is seemingly advocating for). No this isn't a rant, but points to consider that others find it ****ing hard to comprehend. I do apologize for my use of profanity, but it's a means of venting my frustration.

What unjust strikes? She's not been barred from such positions of responsibility in future.
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz

In the same way that Clinton's emails were retrospectively classified on review, I suspect the same will happen here just because they contain information about the movements of the first family.

This was all nonsense when Trump was making his allegations against Clinton and it is no less nonsense now but the level of partisanship as shown on this thread will prevent any rational discussion.
Reply 12
Original post by ThomH97
Clearly Clinton's actions were worse, both in potential damage due to position and in that she should have known better than the newbie Ivanka. Dunno what should happen to Ivanka, but considering that Hilary wasn't punished I'd expect Ivanka to stay out of prison too, even if she wasn't Trump's daughter.

You do know that makes absolutely no sense right? Especially given Ivanka daddy has been railing about emails for the better part of 3 years - you positing that she is somehow forgiven through blissful ignorance is utterly preposterous.
Not great, but different to Hillary who not only had an email, but a whole server which means access to the emails can be withheld unless subpoena'd. There was also the deleting of emails and accusations of classified info.

Kind of a amazing that the leftist media is willfully ignorant to Hillary's shady history, policy bandwagoning and if held to the same standard somewhat bigoted views, in their vitriol for Trump and his antics.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by So Instinct

Kind of a amazing that the leftist media is willfully ignorant to Hillary's shady history, policy bandwagoning and if held to the same standard somewhat bigoted views, in their vitriol for Trump and his antics.

Show me where exactly the so called "leftist media" has done that all? Pointing out the ironic hypocrisy of this boorish oaf and his family of reprobates is hardly "ignorance".
Original post by Napp
You do know that makes absolutely no sense right? Especially given Ivanka daddy has been railing about emails for the better part of 3 years - you positing that she is somehow forgiven through blissful ignorance is utterly preposterous.

It makes perfect sense. I would expect a higher standard of behaviour from someone with a law education, many more years in government and in a more senior position. Ivanka should have done better, of course, but given that Hillary was let off I don't see what punishment would be appropriate for Ivanka. What punishment would you give her?
Reply 16
Original post by ThomH97
It makes perfect sense. I would expect a higher standard of behaviour from someone with a law education, many more years in government and in a more senior position. Ivanka should have done better, of course, but given that Hillary was let off I don't see what punishment would be appropriate for Ivanka. What punishment would you give her?

We're all more than well acquainted with Clintons numerous failings [dont get me wrong i have no love for that she-devil] however, with that being said Ivanka would have ipso facto known better than to use a private server... it mattersnot what she was sending (the US gvt has plenty of leaks) the fact of the matter is that she is being treated differently by the so called president simply because she is in his camp. He is a moron and a hypocrite.
And execution by blowing from a gun would seem apt...
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

Two very different episodes. Clinton was the Secretary of State and the 3rd most powerful person in the US. As the nation’s chief diplomat her influence and communication were critically important, even to the US rivals like China, Iran, Russia etc.

On the other hand, Ivanka Trump is a glorified lackey with no real influence and just there because daddy is president.

Even if she used her private email to conduct WH business, I strongly doubt it was or will ever be on the same level as Clinton’s case.
Reply 18
Original post by Wired_1800
Two very different episodes. Clinton was the Secretary of State and the 3rd most powerful person in the US. As the nation’s chief diplomat her influence and communication were critically important, even to the US rivals like China, Iran, Russia etc.

On the other hand, Ivanka Trump is a glorified lackey with no real influence and just there because daddy is president.

Even if she used her private email to conduct WH business, I strongly doubt it was or will ever be on the same level as Clinton’s case.

You might do well to read what you just wrote again...
Original post by Napp
You might do well to read what you just wrote again...

I have done, please can you elaborate on your opinion?

Quick Reply

Latest