Meeting someone from the internet Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
How can I explain this to my mum, that I want to meet someone from the internet in person. I would want my mum to meet them with me but I don't know how to word it with her. I'm 16 almost 17, she may still want to protect me
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How can I explain this to my mum, that I want to meet someone from the internet in person. I would want my mum to meet them with me but I don't know how to word it with her. I'm 16 almost 17, she may still want to protect me
How old is this person?
Are you M or F and is the person M or F?
Are they a potential bf/ gf?
How long have you been in contact?
Do they live in the same town?
How much much does your mum use social media and the internet? She may be very suspicious.

If its just friendly then maybe you could meet for just a coffee or lunch?

Maybe it would help if this person spoke to her beforehand?
Anonymous #1
She is 18, Female, Yes potential girlfriend, contact since June, She lives 4-5 hours away. my mum would want to see her as well to make sure she isn't a catfish, doesn't use It alot. I have spoke with the girl and she would he happy to drive to my town.
fio.rella.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I wouldn’t just blatantly meet someone from the interest, at least video call them first.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Video call / Skype first.

Then meet somewhere public.

Easy.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Skype with her and your mom, it'll be easier for hee to decide then and it may save you persuading her. Just tell her you have a surprise, and want you to meet someone. A friend. Then once the video call goes on you can explain you met online.

It would be best if the girl's parent was in the video call.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
Skype with her and your mom, it'll be easier for hee to decide then and it may save you persuading her. Just tell her you have a surprise, and want you to meet someone. A friend. Then once the video call goes on you can explain you met online.

It would be best if the girl's parent was in the video call.
Thank you,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
17.86%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
27.04%
Not great so far... (281)
35.84%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.26%

Watched Threads