nnicci
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm currently at uni doing a foundation course in computing at an les that average uhi after completely flopping my a levels. Im really unsatisfied with my gradwe and find that course is not really what I want to do. I'm thinking of doing something different at a better uni but I came transfer with the grades I have at a levels. Is it better to leave the uni and do retakes or just stay at the uni I am with this course.
Ab250
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Because my a level results wasn't good too i was staying behind a year either by doing a foundation year in uni or redoing sixth form. I too was thinking about going to a less than average uni doing a foundation year because my a level results wasn't good but I talked to my parents and my older siblings who had been through the process and they said to me I'd be better off retaking my a levels because employers still look at a-level results when employing people. If i was you I would contact your uni to apply to a different course since I've already paid for the year but if you dont want to that then i would call up my sixth form and ask if you could still redo the year if its not too late.
nnicci
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I contacted my sixth and they said it was too late to start retaking but I was welcome to apply for rstakes. The other issue I that my parents are not to fond off the idea of retakes and would rather I go to a bad uni than get better a level grades by taking a year out. I don't know how to get them on board. Also how did u revise in retaking your a levels and are uni's accepting of retakes?
(Original post by Ab250)Because my a level results wasn't good too i was staying behind a year either by doing a foundation year in uni or redoing sixth form. I too was thinking about going to a less than average uni doing a foundation year because my a level results wasn't good but I talked to my parents and my older siblings who had been through the process and they said to me I'd be better off retaking my a levels because employers still look at a-level results when employing people. If i was you I would contact your uni to apply to a different course since I've already paid for the year but if you dont want to that then i would call up my sixth form and ask if you could still redo the year if its not too late.
Ab250
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm retaking my a levels as we speak and I normally just write notes from the textbook and answer questions independently since the year I'm with currently with are doing different exam boards to me so a lot of my work is independant. It's been going well so far I've been getting A''s in all my subject but the only concern for me are predicted grades. I haven't sent off my ucas yet but I researched already abut unis taking a level retakes and it said it depends on the uni, the uni I want to go to, Loughborough, don't mind retakes. For the matter about your parents I would try to talk to them about how uncomfortable you are in university currently and research evidence about how having better a levels benefits you in the long run for employmeny. Hope this helps.
piamiahh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what course do you want to do at loughborough?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (12)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.87%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.62%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.84%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.25%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.49%

Watched Threads