Sapphiresamo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So I've just graduated with a 2:1 in BA (Hons) Health and Social Care. I'm finding it difficult to find jobs specifically in my field and that are at a graduate level. So I was considering taking a gap year and then pursuing a masters in medical ultrasound As I have recently found that I'm interested in this field. However, I'm not sure. This is mainly because I fear that I may not be able to find jobs even after a masters.

Also on the course it states;
"However, applicants from a non-health care background should note that, at present, employment in some NHS Trusts would not be possible due to the requirement for professional registration." Does that apply to me? Or does health and social care degree fit into a health care background?

I am also confused by this statement: "On successful completion of the full MSc in Medical Ultrasound, graduate entrants (who do not hold an existing registerable qualification) will not be eligible for HCPC registration."

I know I'm probably over thinking and stressing over nothing but I'm just so confused as to whether this course is right for me.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Sapphiresamo)
So I've just graduated with a 2:1 in BA (Hons) Health and Social Care. I'm finding it difficult to find jobs specifically in my field and that are at a graduate level. So I was considering taking a gap year and then pursuing a masters in medical ultrasound As I have recently found that I'm interested in this field. However, I'm not sure. This is mainly because I fear that I may not be able to find jobs even after a masters.

Also on the course it states;
"However, applicants from a non-health care background should note that, at present, employment in some NHS Trusts would not be possible due to the requirement for professional registration." Does that apply to me? Or does health and social care degree fit into a health care background?

I am also confused by this statement: "On successful completion of the full MSc in Medical Ultrasound, graduate entrants (who do not hold an existing registerable qualification) will not be eligible for HCPC registration."

I know I'm probably over thinking and stressing over nothing but I'm just so confused as to whether this course is right for me.
You'll only be able to register with the HCPC through this course if you already hold registration with them (ie: if you're already registered as a radiographer). Most NHS trusts will want you to be registered to employ you in a role after this course.
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
as moonkatt says if you aren't all ready a Health professional , the course is fundamentally useless as you would not be able to work as a Sonogrpaher, the sonographers i have met are either diagnostic Radiographers or Midwives ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
6.6%
They might tell the bully (22)
10.38%
I don't think they'd understand (36)
16.98%
It might lead to more bullying (74)
34.91%
There's nothing they could do (66)
31.13%

Watched Threads