The Student Room Group

Airman selection test

I have completed the practice paper several times with increasing high scores all around in quicker time the question is will the practice be very similar in difficulty?? I should hope so as it is the official test unless its just a taster exam to get a real feeling of the exam
Original post by Truk1998
I have completed the practice paper several times with increasing high scores all around in quicker time the question is will the practice be very similar in difficulty?? I should hope so as it is the official test unless its just a taster exam to get a real feeling of the exam

You've already answered your own question. And if you read the information with the test it advises you the same thing. The practice test is in place to give you an idea of the 'types' of questions you'll face in the real AST and the timescale you'll have for each section. Obviously the real test has more questions and longer for each section, but the practice one is scaled down, to give you the same question/time limitations.

It's in place for you to see how you do and so you can go and revise the 'types' of elements that you may need to.

Have you also watched the full video that is on the same page as the practice test?

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/how-to-apply/ast

Also, have a read of Ryan's blog here, it's very useful with regards to what to expect at each stage of the process:

https://ryan9900.wordpress.com/

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
How long are the Airman's Test results valid for?
It's very similar in difficulty, if you can pass the online one you can probably pass the actual thing 😊 but don't rely on your increasingly high scores if you're using the same paper on the RAF website Everytime, I did that and then realised I'm only getting better because I'm remembering the answers from last time! 😂
Original post by ChocsAway1966
How long are the Airman's Test results valid for?

Hi

Your scores are valid for five years. However, if within that time period the scores for a particular role have been changed, then if you re-apply you would need to retake the test if you hadn't scored against the current criteria. AST score requirements can change occasionally as they're based around the phase two training requirements, which can also change.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest