The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer’s knickers display is “vomit-inducing”

Scroll to see replies

It really seems like the world is going backwards when it comes to sexism. But I suppose when we have a president who openly bragged about grabbing women by their you know whats, companies are going to go down that road in order to attract the ranks of sexists about.
First the cringey Christmas advert, now this... I’m going off M&S lol
Original post by Kian Stevens
What exactly is 'vomit-inducing' about that?
They're 'must-have' in the sense that they're nice underwear, not because they're to impress men or whatever.
This is contrary to the window next to it, which suggests that men should wear fancy outfits in order to impress!

Another non-story of someone being easily offended by absolutely nothing, and trying to find every ounce of attention out of it. Pathetic.

People are a bit sensitive now... Especially feminists.
Reply 5
I dont think it's that deep really :/
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
First the cringey Christmas advert, now this... I’m going off M&S lol

Nah. I love their chocolate rounds biscuits.
As the article points out, the 'vomit-inducing' window is juxtaposed with the window next to it, which suggests a whole lot more than what the former window does. But of course, the feminists say nothing about that, do they? Of course they don't. Feminists' talk about 'human rights' and such collapses into nothing when men are brought into it.
Another non-story, fabricated by a few 'offended' individuals who have nothing better to do with their time other than talk absolute crap. And feminists wonder why they get such a bad name nowadays...

I guess they'll stop shopping in Victoria's Secret and/or Ann Summers then? Those shops' windows 'suggest' a whole lot more than this 'vomit-inducing' one.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Arctic Kitten
People are a bit sensitive now... Especially feminists.

I deleted my comment to post something else... So it looks like you're quoting nothing :biggrin:
Original post by Kian Stevens
I deleted my comment to post something else... So it looks like you're quoting nothing :biggrin:

Oh I can still see the quoted bit though? lol
The second post is much better though :smile: and I do agree. I feel like those feminists spend too much time projecting themselves onto the mannequins, while of course almost no one view them like that
Another example of people finding the most absurd things to get upset over. As far as I’m aware women have full human rights, unfortunately the woman who made the banner didn’t elaborate to fill the gap in my knowledge
(edited 5 years ago)
Campaigners in general are just the most insufferable group of cretins on the face of the planet.
Vomit inducing?
Sounds like somebody has a weak constitution.
This could be a stroke of genius from M&S. This is getting some a fair amount of free advertising effectively.
Someone needs to link to this article every time a thread is made titled "why don't people like feminism?".
Original post by Andrew97
This could be a stroke of genius from M&S. This is getting some a fair amount of free advertising effectively.

Idk, From me it comes across as bad advertising as whilst I am a feminist and not actually that bothered by this, the article is mostly negative so the passive people among us won't think about it for themselves before deciding it isn't great. I think the only good thing about M&S for women is their underwear because the rest is made for old people so probably is best and make sense to display your most popular items in the window. It's not vomit inducing at all - that's from the "radical feminists" who see a small difference in the treatment between men and women and are immediately outraged and offended. Not me.
Original post by marveldinosaur
Idk, From me it comes across as bad advertising as whilst I am a feminist and not actually that bothered by this, the article is mostly negative so the passive people among us won't think about it for themselves before deciding it isn't great. I think the only good thing about M&S for women is their underwear because the rest is made for old people so probably is best and make sense to display your most popular items in the window. It's not vomit inducing at all - that's from the "radical feminists" who see a small difference in the treatment between men and women and are immediately outraged and offended. Not me.

What the photo doesn’t show Is that also on display at that store is businesswear for women and underwear for men.
Barring the odd occasion I do find that knickers are a must have. For me anyway. And also for me, I’d prefer the little ones. Even I’m not old enough for huge knickers yet.
So sorry, seems quite true.

Get a grip peeps!
Original post by Andrew97
What the photo doesn’t show Is that also on display at that store is businesswear for women and underwear for men.

Yeah exactly, that's why I mean the article isn't good advertising for the store, it's not showing that they actually do the opposite of this too. It's just radical-feminists seeing something and taking it completely out of context and blowing it up. Obviously I can't speak for all feminists who still believe in the original purpose of feminism, but I for one am not in the slightest annoyed by this or made to feel sick😂
Original post by marveldinosaur
Yeah exactly, that's why I mean the article isn't good advertising for the store, it's not showing that they actually do the opposite of this too. It's just radical-feminists seeing something and taking it completely out of context and blowing it up. Obviously I can't speak for all feminists who still believe in the original purpose of feminism, but I for one am not in the slightest annoyed by this or made to feel sick😂

I wasn't talking about the article as much, but for example they talked about this on Nick Ferrari's show on LBC in the last hour and on Sky News yesterday. A lot of people listen to Nick on LBC.

Quick Reply

Latest