Official Imperial College 2019/20 Postgraduate Applicants Thread Watch

Kits
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Doesn't seem like there's a thread for this yet so lets start one up!

We can use this to track their offer policies and help each other out with timelines and stuff like that. Apparently they're on a new system this year so it's a little slower.

What have you guys applied for and what are your backgrounds?
EmTad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone, I was actually wondering if anyone has submitted their application and managed to track it? The steps on the website don't seem that clear :/
Last edited by EmTad; 1 month ago
Kits
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmTad)
Hi everyone, I was actually wondering if anyone has submitted their application and managed to track it? The steps on the website don't seem that clear :/
I have yes. You submit the application which is mostly just personal details, then separately upload all of your documents after you submit when it asks you to
EmTad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kits)
I have yes. You submit the application which is mostly just personal details, then separately upload all of your documents after you submit when it asks you to
Thanks for the reply! I have actually managed to submit everything but I can't seem to track the application anywhere, what about you?
Kits
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmTad)
Thanks for the reply! I have actually managed to submit everything but I can't seem to track the application anywhere, what about you?
On the main "my account" part there's a tracker and for you will probably say "document submission and checks" and will turn to "complete" after they've been checked and the application is with the department.. that's about as much tracking as i've been able to do
EmTad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kits)
On the main "my account" part there's a tracker and for you will probably say "document submission and checks" and will turn to "complete" after they've been checked and the application is with the department.. that's about as much tracking as i've been able to do
Thanks, yeah same here, I think with the old system you were actually able to track the following steps like: "under consideration" or "accepted/non accepted", but apparently this one is slightly different
Kits
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmTad)
Thanks, yeah same here, I think with the old system you were actually able to track the following steps like: "under consideration" or "accepted/non accepted", but apparently this one is slightly different
Yeah its a new system i think. Hopefully we hear back soon

What did you apply for?
EmTad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bioeng, what about you?
Kits
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmTad)
Bioeng, what about you?
comp sci
EmTad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kits)
comp sci
Cool! Good luck then and lets keep posted
Kits
Rep:
?
Seems as though these types of threads are quieter than previous years. Hopefully that means less competition somehow, lol
jshalyf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi Guys,
I received my offer from MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering program today.

Below is my timeline:
Applied on 7th Nov, 1st reference arrived 7th Nov, 2nd arrived 16th Nov, 27th Nov both references approved, 29th my application pack was received by the department, 6th Dec send an email confirming that I will attend the open day event in Feb, 7th Dec received an interview invitation on 14th Dec, had my interview on 14th, get a follow-up email for admission recommendation to the college on 18th, 20th finally received my offer letter from gateway.

I'm torn down between another MSc High Performance Computing from Trinity College Dublin. I'm from China and I want a job after my master graduation for better work life balance. I heard that there are lots of job opportunites in Ireland.

Feel free to contact me. I will check TSR weekly.
lehcarbat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jshalyf)
Hi Guys,
I received my offer from MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering program today.

Below is my timeline:
Applied on 7th Nov, 1st reference arrived 7th Nov, 2nd arrived 16th Nov, 27th Nov both references approved, 29th my application pack was received by the department, 6th Dec send an email confirming that I will attend the open day event in Feb, 7th Dec received an interview invitation on 14th Dec, had my interview on 14th, get a follow-up email for admission recommendation to the college on 18th, 20th finally received my offer letter from gateway.

I'm torn down between another MSc High Performance Computing from Trinity College Dublin. I'm from China and I want a job after my master graduation for better work life balance. I heard that there are lots of job opportunites in Ireland.

Feel free to contact me. I will check TSR weekly.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your timeline! Let us know what you decide.
uzman.4321
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anybody heard back from Imperial yet? I applied on the 1st of November and both of my references were submitted on the same day. It seems that compared to other universities, Imperial hasn’t given a lot of offers out.
Norss
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by uzman.4321)
Anybody heard back from Imperial yet? I applied on the 1st of November and both of my references were submitted on the same day. It seems that compared to other universities, Imperial hasn’t given a lot of offers out.
I applied on the 19th of November with both of my references too and my application's state still says "document submission and checks". Did yours at least become "completed" even if you have not received an offer yet?
uzman.4321
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Norss)
I applied on the 19th of November with both of my references too and my application's state still says "document submission and checks". Did yours at least become "completed" even if you have not received an offer yet?
Yep, my application status changed to 'completed' on the 13rd of November, straight after my first reference was approved. My second reference was approved on the 15th of November, even though they we're both submitted on the same day. If your status hasn't changed yet after all this time, i would consider contacting Imperial since they say in the email it usually takes them 2 weeks to approve documents and to contact them if they take longer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%