The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Business management

Hey

I’m starting BA honours business management with the OU this February 2019. When would I actually be finished the degree? Not really clear
Original post by ShannonHosey96
Hey

I’m starting BA honours business management with the OU this February 2019. When would I actually be finished the degree? Not really clear

It depends how many modules you study per year. That will dictate when you finish the degree.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by SuperCat007
It depends how many modules you study per year. That will dictate when you finish the degree.

Sorry should have said! I’m doing 120 per year... but I’ve seen online that if you start in February you can’t finish the degree in 3 years?
Sorry should have said! I’m doing 120 per year... but I’ve seen online that if you start in February you can’t finish the degree in 3 years?

No you normally can’t as there are so few level 2 & 3 modules that start in February now. It could be three if you have no break between L1&2 years. So you’ll finish your 120 L1 credits that start in February in around September then your October start L2 credits will start. So you won’t get a break but you should still be able to do it. You’ll have to enrol on the L2 ones around February.
Original post by SuperCat007
No you normally can’t as there are so few level 2 & 3 modules that start in February now. It could be three if you have no break between L1&2 years. So you’ll finish your 120 L1 credits that start in February in around September then your October start L2 credits will start. So you won’t get a break but you should still be able to do it. You’ll have to enrol on the L2 ones around February.

Thank you! I emailed them as I was really struggling to understand it. She said basically I start with one module (recommended) from February to October, then do my remaining two modules from October
Thank you! I emailed them as I was really struggling to understand it. She said basically I start with one module (recommended) from February to October, then do my remaining two modules from October

Ok. So if you’re only doing one L1 from October then it’ll add a year to your degree. As the October start ones won’t finish until June 2020. Remember an academic year runs from October -June so you’re starting at a weird point in it. If you want until October to start then you could do all 120 together and do the degree in 3 years and have summer breaks.

Quick Reply

Latest