The Student Room Group

Are these A levels fine for computer science at university in the russel groups?

chemistry, maths and computer science. I know physics is more useful than chemistry but i can't change, would not having physics severely affect my application.
Original post by sbalfe16
chemistry, maths and computer science. I know physics is more useful than chemistry but i can't change, would not having physics severely affect my application.

You know you can google this?

Your options are fine.

It really isn't that hard to get into a Russell Group university, you know?

ok so not physics, can you do further maths atleast? you should be just about fine (not for L'oxbridge) as long as you get good grades, most university offer rates are like 80%.
Reply 4
Original post by Duncan2012
You know you can google this?

yea I have, but i want to hear from the student room community as i know how like 90% of them do computer science/physics or maths
Reply 5
I got in without computer science or physics just maths and two other subjects. If you have maths or physics you’re good to go
Original post by storm95
I got in without computer science or physics just maths and two other subjects. If you have maths or physics you’re good to go

I got in without any of them :colone:

Just Biology, Chemistry and Geography
Reply 7
Original post by CollectiveSoul
ok so not physics, can you do further maths atleast? you should be just about fine (not for L'oxbridge) as long as you get good grades, most university offer rates are like 80%.

i dont care about oxbridge honestly, i just want a respected uni in the top 25, and for further maths I don't really want to take as an a level as i am not confident enough but as its so important for computer science i may study it in my free time too get grasps of harder maths required at degree level computer science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending