Extinction rebellion blocks roads in London Watch

Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
https://twitter.com/rachaelvenables?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Sweet irony. Get out of the ****ing road.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Oh bless the little losers :lol:
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46292819

Central London traffic has been disrupted by protesters who blocked off major hotspots as part of a "rebellion day".

Extinction Rebellion protestors blocked traffic at Lambeth, Tower and Vauxhall bridges, Elephant and Castle and Earls Court.

Organisers said 100 people gathered in central London to demand the government take greater action on climate change.

The "road-blocking protests" will continue on Thursday and Friday.

That's today's news, they're at it again and vowing to come back tomorrow and after. Not a single arrest by the Police, that's the order of the day. This is anti-democratic and anti-libertarian, therefore fomented by a certain political quadrant at many levels. It's not as if there are no alternatives on how to deal with it, it is a political matter.
Last edited by username1738683; 6 months ago
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by zhog)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46292819

That's today's news, they're at it again and vowing to come back tomorrow and after. Not a single arrest by the Police, that's the order of the day. This is anti-democratic and anti-libertarian, therefore fomented by a certain political quadrant at many levels. It's not as if there are no alternatives on how to deal with it, it is a political matter.
Your reading comprehension needs some work.

Over two weeks, more than 60 arrests were made over acts of civil disobedience with some activists arrested more than once.
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Dez)
Your reading comprehension needs some work.
You'd better find out how many were arrested yesterday, you prat. What's the matter with you, can't read?
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by zhog)
You'd better find out how many were arrested yesterday, you prat. What's the matter with you, can't read?
Why don't you try and find out? I'm sure with that attitude the police will have no trouble taking the time to provide you with the information you demand, rather than just doing their job normally.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
lol such brave warriors, get a job...
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Dez)
Why don't you try and find out? I'm sure with that attitude the police will have no trouble taking the time to provide you with the information you demand, rather than just doing their job normally.
Very good, I actually heard it in on LBC that there hadn't been any arrests. You go and find out before you come in wanting to play big boys games and,,, being gratuitously insulting.
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by zhog)
Very good, I actually heard it in on LBC that there hadn't been any arrests. You go and find out before you come in wanting to play big boys games and,,, being gratuitously insulting.
Ah yes, that famously unbiased news source LBC. :rolleyes:

Police records don't go public immediately, it'll take some time before news outlets can accurately report how many arrests were or were not made. Given that the Met have been consistently arresting these protesters over the last couple of weeks, I don't imagine they would have suddenly decided to change tactic as of yesterday. But clearly LBC knows better, right?
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
For once I have some sympathy with the protestors' cause, but you can't block the public highway.

After they're arrested, they should face charges.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dez)
Ah yes, that famously unbiased news source LBC. :rolleyes:

Police records don't go public immediately, it'll take some time before news outlets can accurately report how many arrests were or were not made. Given that the Met have been consistently arresting these protesters over the last couple of weeks, I don't imagine they would have suddenly decided to change tactic as of yesterday. But clearly LBC knows better, right?
And what is wrong with LBC?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
A guardian article on the protest

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...london-traffic

Interesting line from the police. Basically saying you can block the road and drivers will have to wait and can do jack **** about it.
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
And what is wrong with LBC?
It's a biased news source.

Interesting line from the police. Basically saying you can block the road and drivers will have to wait and can do jack **** about it.
Well they're hardly going to tout the line of "sure, take the law into your own hands, run 'em all over", are they?
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

I'd have zero sympathy if someone were run over as a result of doing this.

No-one drives around in central London unless they have to, the protests will just hold up buses/delivery vehicles/emergency services and other people trying to do their jobs.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dez)
It's a biased news source.

Well they're hardly going to tout the line of "sure, take the law into your own hands, run 'em all over", are they?
Every news source is biased. What makes LBC so bad? Regardless it can’t outright lie about things.

The police should be removing these people and arresting them.
Last edited by Andrew97; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads