BeeBeeFilms
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’ve applied to Central Saint Martins for graphic communications and London College of Communication for Graphic Design.

I think CSM is more fashion based? I haven’t had a look around there but the university looks really nice. LCC I’ve had a look around and I love, but it’s hard to compare facilities as of now.
Which one is more graphic design based/better for a GD course?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BeeBeeFilms)
I’ve applied to Central Saint Martins for graphic communications and London College of Communication for Graphic Design.

I think CSM is more fashion based? I haven’t had a look around there but the university looks really nice. LCC I’ve had a look around and I love, but it’s hard to compare facilities as of now.
You should be invited to an interview at both which gives you a chance to see the studios, meet staff and students and look around
alexanikolova
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I’ve also applied to CSM Graphic Communication Design 😊. I just want to ask, have you already submitted a mini portfolio?
BeeBeeFilms
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexanikolova)
Hey, I’ve also applied to CSM Graphic Communication Design 😊. I just want to ask, have you already submitted a mini portfolio?
Not yet! I got a reply yesterday and have started compiling my images. I didn’t know we’d have to get it ready this quickly lol

Are you also looking at any other UAL schools or just CSM?
alexanikolova
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m applying only for CSM at UAL, I know I was and I am still really stressed about the time I had to finish my mini, I hope it’s enough for them to like it.
BeeBeeFilms
Rep:
?
I’m applying only for CSM at UAL, I know I was and I am still really stressed about the time I had to finish my mini, I hope it’s enough for them to like it.
LCC have given two weeks which is a bit more time, and better as I really want to go there as my first choice.

I’m kind of worried I won’t get any interviews haha so I’m trying to make it look as good as possible. Good luck with your application! Let me know how it goes for you 😊😊😊
alexanikolova
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am really worried, it’s my first chose too😬😬😬 Good luck to you with ur portfolio😊. I had 6 days which was stressful but I’m hoping for an interview...😀
BeeBeeFilms
Rep:
?
I am really worried, it’s my first chose too😬😬😬 Good luck to you with ur portfolio😊. I had 6 days which was stressful but I’m hoping for an interview...😀
Hi! Just wondering if you've heard anything back from CSM yet? I submitted my portfolio on Wednesday, and am waiting for a reply. Kinda of nervous!
alexanikolova
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No I haven’t yet, I submitted it almost a month ago, I heard that they start to reply before Christmas, around 20th December. Yeah I’m also nervous since it’s my first choice 😬😬😬
BeeBeeFilms
Rep:
?
No I haven’t yet, I submitted it almost a month ago, I heard that they start to reply before Christmas, around 20th December. Yeah I’m also nervous since it’s my first choice 😬😬😬
Ahh okay I'll keep a look out around Christmas time then.

Hope it goes well for you, I'm going to send off my LCC portfolio tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Ravensbourne
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BeeBeeFilms)

Hi BeeBeeFilms

Have you considered Ravensbourne University London? We’re located in North Greenwich (next to the O2 Arena). Were are driven by industry standards, in addition to producing highly employable and enterprising graduates. We have a strong track record in graduate employability and business creation. All of our lecturers are industry experts and work within the industry they are teaching, making them well informed. This provides the students with the best learning experience as the briefs adapt, to compensate for industry changes, further improving your employability, as well as giving you access to industry contacts through the people they work with.

We have a great Graphic Design BA course. It allows you to work cross-media and explore Graphic Design from a number of critical perspectives, challenging the role of a Graphic Designer. Have a look at our blog for examples of students and alumni work.

You might also be interested in Illustration for Communication BA Course, which is a brand new course that started this year. It has a lot of similarities with graphic design, however, focuses on illustration as the main medium. If you are more interested in a drawing orientated course that is highly open to many industries, this is something you might want to consider too.

Come along to one of our Open Days and you can talk to our staff and students to get a better understanding of the courses. You can also find out more about what Ravensbourne can offer! We also provide free portfolio workshops during the open days, that help students prepare for their interviews.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck,
Michail
Last edited by Ravensbourne; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (60)
29.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.28%
No I am happy with my choice (115)
55.83%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.77%

Watched Threads