elleguyan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What do people think of Sussex and what is the best accommodation in your opinion?

I don’t care about partying really and preferably would want an en suite or a shared bathroom with not many people. As long as it’s not shared by loads I’m ok

I like the look of shared houses but Halls could be fine too I suppose?

kate-Bush
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by elleguyan)
What do people think of Sussex and what is the best accommodation in your opinion?

I don’t care about partying really and preferably would want an en suite or a shared bathroom with not many people. As long as it’s not shared by loads I’m ok

I like the look of shared houses but Halls could be fine too I suppose?

Northfield is best quality. They have en suits, big kitchens, big rooms that look nice (blue aesthetic). However, it is relatively far away from campus (5-10 min walk to get to campus). Keeps you fit though In northfield you share a flat with 6 people. (for the record I live in northfield)

Swanborough is also good...they are very close to CO-OP (as in it would take 1 min to get there) they also have en suits and decent sized rooms. I've not actually been inside swanborough so can't comment on kitchen size, but it's a lot closer to campus than northfield.
wailzy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you know much about the new east slope developments, sounds silly but im actually really tempted to put it as my preffered as it has a small double bed 3/4 which will make sleeping more comfortable.
Stresspot262
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wailzy)
Do you know much about the new east slope developments, sounds silly but im actually really tempted to put it as my preffered as it has a small double bed 3/4 which will make sleeping more comfortable.
Ya I dont live there bc hellaaa expensive, but my friend does and they're sooo nice, all new and spacious and fancy stuff works etc
wailzy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stresspot262)
Ya I dont live there bc hellaaa expensive, but my friend does and they're sooo nice, all new and spacious and fancy stuff works etc
Is there good diversity at Sussex??? from what ive seen it just looks like skater boys and such crowd go there 😭😂 also it looks like theres alot of international students from canada and asia, and not many UK students.
Stresspot262
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is there good diversity at Sussex??? from what ive seen it just looks like skater boys and such crowd go there 😭😂 also it looks like theres alot of international students from canada and asia, and not many UK students.
haaa tbh there are a lot of "skater boys" but they're not that bad. I'm from the North and I've only met 3 other ppl from the North, most are London but I would say theres very good diversity nonetheless, like most of my friends are international and they're great, like dont have anything against students from canada and asia, they're lovely
kadams00
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What's the most social accom at Sussex? Is Stanmer Court really that bad?
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kadams00)
What's the most social accom at Sussex? Is Stanmer Court really that bad?
It depends on what you're looking for, and also who you get put with in your flat. Stanmer Court has its pros and it's cons along with the rest of them! With all accommodation, I'd recommend going for the one that you feel most suits your needs, rather than it being the most social/party accommodation

Remember, you can always find the party if you want to! Hope this helps
wailzy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Whats your experience there if you don't mind me asking?
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Whats your experience there if you don't mind me asking?
I studied at Sussex a few years ago now (!) and lived in Northfield. I loved it, but my flat wasnt the most sociable in the world - but other flats in my building were. That meant I could go to other flats whenever they were all hanging out or having parties, and then come back to a nice quiet flat. It all depends on your flatmates and the luck of the draw with that, so my advice is to not worry about the most sociable accommodation and just focus on feeling comfortable You can always go out and meet new people if your flat isn't as sociable as you would like.

It's all down to you! I'd recommend going to an Open Day or Applicant Day if you can and taking a look around all the accommodation, and talk to current student ambassadors about their experience to get a good picture of student life, if you havent already. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.12%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.37%
No- I want it (174)
28.34%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.17%

Watched Threads