University course eligibility scores for international vs home students? Watch

moleriver
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Trying to determine which course requirements apply to a dual national UK/US applying from UK school but resident for only 2 years and do you apply using US Common App form? Relevant as course eligibility scores differ between international vs home students. IS the answer the same for both English and Scottish Universities?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by moleriver)
Trying to determine which course requirements apply to a dual national UK/US applying from UK school but resident for only 2 years and do you apply using US Common App form? Relevant as course eligibility scores differ between international vs home students. IS the answer the same for both English and Scottish Universities?
It’s cheaper and better to apply to uk universities through UCAS and not through the common app.

Entry requirements are independent of fee status. Your universities will each determine your fee status (and may not all agree) regardless of how you apply.
Admit-One
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Perhaps also worth noting that not all UK Uni’s will accept applications via Common App.
moleriver
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Not concerned about the fees but gaining entry. If you apply as an Internatinal student the minimum eligibility scores are lower.

(Original post by PQ)It’s cheaper and better to apply to uk universities through UCAS and not through the common app.

Entry requirements are independent of fee status. Your universities will each determine your fee status (and may not all agree) regardless of how you apply.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by moleriver)
Not concerned about the fees but gaining entry. If you apply as an Internatinal student the minimum eligibility scores are lower.
Really? Can you give me an example?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.82%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (397)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.08%

Watched Threads