JaySee100
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi everyone!

I have recently been given offers by East Anglia for Business Management, then Sussex and Surrey for International Business Management. Since I'm on a gap year and already have my final grades, they're all unconditional offers so I don't need to worry about having to get the grades for the offers.

I'm really hesitating between all three.

I think Sussex wins in terms of location,
Surrey and Sussex seem to tie on academic reputation,
And East Anglia wins in terms of student satisfaction.

I'd really appreciate any opinions about which one seems to have the best reputation out of the three. Thank you!
Last edited by JaySee100; 9 months ago
Exceptional
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
There is so little difference rep-wise that's it's not really a valid reason to pick one over the other
JaySee100
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Exceptional)
There is so little difference rep-wise that's it's not really a valid reason to pick one over the other
Those reputations being good? Thanks for the reply btw!
Exceptional
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by JaySee100)
Those reputations being good? Thanks for the reply btw!
To most companies and the academic community, yes. If you're aiming for very competitive careers (Investment Banking, Strategy Consulting, etc.), then it could be difficult to break into them w/o good experience/a target uni for postgrad.
University of East Anglia
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by JaySee100)
Hi everyone!

I have recently been given offers by East Anglia for Business Management, then Sussex and Surrey for International Business Management. Since I'm on a gap year and already have my final grades, they're all unconditional offers so I don't need to worry about having to get the grades for the offers.

I'm really hesitating between all three.

I think Sussex wins in terms of location,
Surrey and Sussex seem to tie on academic reputation,
And East Anglia wins in terms of student satisfaction.

I'd really appreciate any opinions about which one seems to have the best reputation out of the three. Thank you!
Hi Jay :hello:

We may be a little bias, but we can’t deny that UEA really is brilliant! We're currently 14th in the Complete University Guide League Table 2019 and have an 89% student satisfaction rating. https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...k/east-anglia/

I graduated from UEA back in July, having studied Media for four years, and now I'm doing an internship here! There are so many fun events held here throughout the year, such as Pimp My Barrow and Derby Day, as well as great gigs at the LCR. On top of that, Norwich is such a wonderful city to visit or live in.

If you go to this page on What Uni, there are a number of reviews from students who have/are studying our Business Management course to give you an idea of how others have found it here. https://www.whatuni.com/university-c...s%20management. It's also worth pointing out that we were in the top 5 in the UK for overall satisfaction for Finance, Marketing, Management Studies and Business Studies in the National Student Survey 2017 and also ranked top 10 for Marketing in the Complete University Guide 2018.

Hope that helped and please let me know if there's anything else you would like to know!
Heidi
dandan611
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Student housing is a nightmare in Surrey - v expensive and not always well kept and the nightlife is tragic unless you go to London (I live in Guildford)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.82%
No (128)
35.75%

Watched Threads