The Student Room Group

Magdalen College GOOD? (Oxford)

Hi. What is Magdalen college like? I can't ride a bike and honestly would rather not learn, is Magdalen within walking distance of everything? What are the people like at Oxford at Magdalen? I know there will be a significant number of people who focus solely on academics and will be of the secluded type, but will there be a lot of people who like sports, like ****ing around and don't take life to seriously?
I'm a Magdalen applicant (not a student) so I can't answer most of your questions, but I did go and visit the college. If you go to the Oxford website you can see a great map of exactly where it is relative to the other colleges and the centre of town - it's not far out but also not in the centre of town. As for the students, I would say that all colleges have both people that only want to study and people who don't take it too seriously, Magdalen is no exception. As for reputation, Magdalen is supposedly pretty academically competitive (even by Oxbridge standards) so if you really love your subject then you will fit right in. If it's possible to visit, I would highly recommend it; once I walked around the grounds I knew that Magdalen was the college for me :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending