AQA A-Level Politics (New Spec 2017) A* Revision notes

Watch
Contradicted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey all, Studying Politics atm and I can't seem to find great notes online. Is there anyone who who could kindly share their notes/tips/etc? Would be greatly appreciated
Plus if there is a A-Level Politics group chat avaliable for me to join, please let me know down belowThanks!
Georgina723
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me tooo ahaha
Contradicted
Rep:
?
(Original post by Georgina723)
Me tooo ahaha
Haha! How are you finding politics atm?
Georgina723
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well I love the lessons and think it is such a interesting subject. Buttttt the exam questions are hella hard what about you?
chieula2301
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do aqa new spec politics too, we can add each other
Contradicted
Rep:
?
(Original post by Georgina723)
Well I love the lessons and think it is such a interesting subject. Buttttt the exam questions are hella hard what about you?

Yeah I agree! Well... I find some more harder than others. For example, I think answering exam questions on UK politics is a lot more easier than answering questions on US politics since we literally live in the UK and understand the system better than in the US. That said, I do still think learning about US politics is quite interesting
(Original post by chieula2301)
I do aqa new spec politics too, we can add each other

Sure! PM me
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Samee Aslam)
Yeah I agree! Well... I find some more harder than others. For example, I think answering exam questions on UK politics is a lot more easier than answering questions on US politics since we literally live in the UK and understand the system better than in the US. That said, I do still think learning about US politics is quite interesting
hi samee. what have you covered so far for politics? what topic are you doing now? is your teacher good? do you have any resources to share? thanks.
Contradicted
Rep:
?
ing the judici
(Original post by Audrey18)
hi samee. what have you covered so far for politics? what topic are you doing now? is your teacher good? do you have any resources to share? thanks.
Hey There! Currently studying the A2 part of my course which is USA Politics (comparative with UK Politics from year 1 and political ideas. At the time of writing this, my class is currently studying the judicial branch of the US government.

Unfortunately, at the moment, I do not have any resources to share hence why I am looking to join a group where notes can be shared around. If you have any that I could view, that would be great!
Contradicted
Rep:
?
Bump
Audrey18
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by matthew689)
Can contribute with essay plans if a group were to be made
(Original post by anonoymous1234)
that would be very useful!
I'll happily create a politics WhatsApp group chat. Could you guys PM me your numbers so I can add you?
lets use this thread to share the essay plans and to discuss parts of it which you found difficult to understand. what is the first topic for the USA edexcel politics?
Contradicted
Rep:
?
lets use this thread to share the essay plans and to discuss parts of it which you found difficult to understand. what is the first topic for the USA edexcel politics?
Im doing AQA
anonoymous1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the consitituion
Audrey18
Report 1 year ago
Im doing AQA
the topics are somewhat similar to edexcel. so no worries.

(Original post by anonoymous1234)
the consitituion
ok great. Samee Aslam and anonoymous1234 what type of questions usually come out for US constitution? which areas of this topic did you find challenging?
blurryleo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I am also studying us politics right now and can share resources if need be, my handwriting is quite illegible though as these are my scribbled notes haha
blurryleo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

ok great. Samee Aslam and anonoymous1234 what type of questions usually come out for US constitution? which areas of this topic did you find challenging?
I can answer this if you want? The types of questions would likely come from this topic would be the amendment process and pros and cons, whether or not federalism is a good system for the US, and possibly checks and balances etc. For the most part in comparison to the Congress topic I think this is relatively easily and draws a lot of parallels to the UK constitution topic which is nice, you just have to think of opposites to the UK really
Contradicted
Rep:
?

See, the thing is, this is the first time this spec is being taught so there is no past papers that we can look back on for revision. That said, I really do pray that he exam comes up with easy questions such as three principles of the US constitution or something that is quite straight forward
Audrey18
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by blurryleo)
I can answer this if you want? The types of questions would likely come from this topic would be the amendment process and pros and cons, whether or not federalism is a good system for the US, and possibly checks and balances etc. For the most part in comparison to the Congress topic I think this is relatively easily and draws a lot of parallels to the UK constitution topic which is nice, you just have to think of opposites to the UK really
how r u studying A2 politics and what did you get at AS?
See, the thing is, this is the first time this spec is being taught so there is no past papers that we can look back on for revision. That said, I really do pray that he exam comes up with easy questions such as three principles of the US constitution or something that is quite straight forward
Contradicted
Rep:
?
how r u studying A2 politics and what did you get at AS?

Im just going over each topic by doing exam questions that corresponds to that topic. Since the course is taught over a duration of 2 years, there isn't an official AS paper that we have to sit. However, we did a mock in which I got a B
Audrey18
Report 1 year ago
Im just going over each topic by doing exam questions that corresponds to that topic. Since the course is taught over a duration of 2 years, there isn't an official AS paper that we have to sit. However, we did a mock in which I got a B
which question have you done and can you post it here? Do post your answers in bullet points and we can come in and add on and discuss more.
blurryleo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got an A in my AS and I just did my mock yesterday! My teacher is very good with essay questions so the questions I got yesterday were: whether or not the us constitutional is fit for purpose, whether or not the senate is better to be in than the house and whether or not the Supreme Court act like a third house in congress. Hope his helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (55)
60.44%
No (36)
39.56%

Watched Threads