UCAS - Royal Holloway Watch

theweirdo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I've applied to do an undergraduate degree at Royal Holloway but I haven't got a response from them yet. They sent me an email asking if I had taken other AS exams, which I hadn't and then sent another email asking why I had taken an extra year for sixth form (why I was repeating). But my friend, who is in the same situation as me was not sent any emails and was given an offer straight away. Does anyone know why this may be?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by theweirdo)
I've applied to do an undergraduate degree at Royal Holloway but I haven't got a response from them yet. They sent me an email asking if I had taken other AS exams, which I hadn't and then sent another email asking why I had taken an extra year for sixth form (why I was repeating). But my friend, who is in the same situation as me was not sent any emails and was given an offer straight away. Does anyone know why this may be?
Is your friend applying for the same subject? If so then you need to ask Royal Holloway why they’re treating your application differently. If it’s different courses then they’ll often have different requirements/considerations
theweirdo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
Is your friend applying for the same subject? If so then you need to ask Royal Holloway why they’re treating your application differently. If it’s different courses then they’ll often have different requirements/considerations
Yes, we applied for the same subject. Would they be allowed to say why they did this if I asked? Or would it be best to wait to hear their final decision before asking?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by theweirdo)
Yes, we applied for the same subject. Would they be allowed to say why they did this if I asked? Or would it be best to wait to hear their final decision before asking?
You can ring up and explain that a friend applied for the same course and has had a decision and ask when they expect to decide on your application. It’s a perfectly reasonable question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Jun '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (453)
38%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.57%

Watched Threads