Rajner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am in the works of applying to UCL for Pharmacy, however i do not have a Language GCSE, meaning I'd have to learn a modern language during my course as a module. For anyone that has done this at UCL, what are your experiences with it? Include anything general, thank you.
Henri0812
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am also interested
AlbertSufaj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you can't apply without a GCSE in a language...
Henri0812
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AlbertSufaj)
I think you can't apply without a GCSE in a language...
You sir, are ill informed. Do some research before hand before dishing out rubbish information. OP it’s all good. Hope someone replies.
iblahim
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My sister did not have a language GCSE when she applied for UCL medicine. UCL then made her do a MFL course during her first year. So I think it should be fine.
Rajner
Rep:
?
(Original post by iblahim)
My sister did not have a language GCSE when she applied for UCL medicine. UCL then made her do a MFL course during her first year. So I think it should be fine.
May sound a bit dumb, but what is a MFL course?
iblahim
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rajner)
May sound a bit dumb, but what is a MFL course?
Modern foreign language
Rajner
Rep:
?
Modern foreign language
I'm disappointed i didn't catch that...:ashamed:
for_real_though
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Henri0812)
You sir, are ill informed. Do some research before hand before dishing out rubbish information. OP it’s all good. Hope someone replies.
Ayy listen to me you melon. Check the UCL course requirements. They want a Level 5 in English Language and a pass in an MFL(Modern Foreign Language) so yes as far as I'm aware you need to have a Language pass in GCSE apart from English obviously.
Henri0812
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by for_real_though)
Ayy listen to me you melon. Check the UCL course requirements. They want a Level 5 in English Language and a pass in an MFL(Modern Foreign Language) so yes as far as I'm aware you need to have a Language pass in GCSE apart from English obviously.
Aight bro. Listen here. No need for name calling out here. One does not require a language. It is wanted by the university. If the applicant is unable to provide this, then as the poster above has stated, they can do a course during first year. Good day.
for_real_though
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Henri0812)
Aight bro. Listen here. No need for name calling out here. One does not require a language. It is wanted by the university. If the applicant is unable to provide this, then as the poster above has stated, they can do a course during first year. Good day.
Lmao I was joking
Bubblegum12309
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What language did she take? Was it difficult to balance it with her initial course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads