m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
“Starting with the speech {act 5 scene 3}, explore how far Macbeth is presented as a hero in the play ‘Macbeth’. “
Pleaseeee help me I refuse to get 6/30 on another essay question again.
Sports10
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by m2b)
“Starting with the speech {act 5 scene 3}, explore how far Macbeth is presented as a hero in the play ‘Macbeth’. “
Pleaseeee help me I refuse to get 6/30 on another essay question again.
if he never resembled my father in his sleep id done it
Sports10
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
is this a dagger which i see before me
m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Where Macbeth is talking about “bring me no more reports...i cannot taint with fear...the devil damn thee...” what quotes can I use, what points of analysis? I don’t know how to analyse at all I really need to. Improve
(Original post by Sports10)
is this a dagger which i see before me
Fathema29
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Use the website Seneca bare good and easy. Gives u all the info u need.
Fathema29
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Why is it
M.j_quin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
First of all, u will need to make sure to chose a quote that has a lot of connotations, that way u can go into deep analysis. Examiners are a sucker for deep analysis. Then write the quote on a paper, spider diagram or whatever ur good with, then look for themes, motifs, or link across the text, and find a way to link it back to context also. make a checklist of everything I listed above and tick them off when u have a point for each....they are basically there to help u ensure that u covered the all the Aos. Also, don't forget to link each point back to the question. then try to write a paragraph. hope this helps ya.
M.j_quin
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by M.j_quin)
First of all, u will need to make sure to chose a quote that has a lot of connotations, that way u can go into deep analysis. Examiners are a sucker for deep analysis. Then write the quote on a paper, spider diagram or whatever ur good with, then look for themes, motifs, or link across the text, and find a way to link it back to context also. make a checklist of everything I listed above and tick them off when u have a point for each....they are basically there to help u ensure that u covered the all the Aos. Also, don't forget to link each point back to the question. then try to write a paragraph. hope this helps ya.
i just scrolled back up to check ur question again and i remembered. Mentioning that Macbeth is a tragic hero because of his Harmatia; fault/mistakes (don't know if ur familiar with that) and Ego; excess pride caused his tragic fall and stuff, boosts ur grades i think.
M.j_quin
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
bla bla bla this guy is lenghy and not to the point and gives trash advice do whayt i said previously
wrong wrong wrong F grade F
U sure about that? because I ended up with a grade 7 in English literature. Also, check your spellings before u condemn my suggestions
jamesg2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
There are links within the play from the kind of characater we see in Act 1 Sc 2 - where on his own with the support of Banquo Macbeth defeats the uprising against King Duncan. Act 5 scene 3 begings a series of scenes whene we see the kind of character we saw in 1 / 2.

The English army that assembles to topple him is immense and far out numbers Macbeth's defences. So as you read these lines - especially 5/3 - we see a Macbeth (villain though he is) prepare to meet and fisght with a force that far outnumbers his own defences. Like 1/2 personal safety is not an issue for Macbeth.

In 5/5 Macbeth gets the news that his wife is dead. It is clear that his personal preference is to mourn for her, but he dismisses such personal desires because of the danger that now faces. I.e. the danger to his throne must take presidence. Personal emotions must await for a later time.

These are areas I might use to answer this question - there are more as tou progress through Act 5. The comparison with Act 1 Sc 2 is importannt because in that scene macbeth is eeen to be honourable and brave. Act 5 Scenes 3 onwards demonstrates that these characteristics were basic to Macbeth but had been overpowered by ambition.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (60)
67.42%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.24%

Watched Threads