The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

GCSE Maths

At the moment I only have a level 1 in maths but I have a Level 2 in english, last year i recieved D*D* in travel year 1, this year im pretected to get D*D*D* and i have two awards for student of the year. Am i likely to get in for tourism management for your course
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by travelcollegeguy
At the moment I only have a level 1 in maths but I have a Level 2 in english, last year i recieved D*D* in travel year 1, this year im pretected to get D*D*D* and i have two awards for student of the year. Am i likely to get in for tourism management for your course

To be considered for entry on to our BA (Hons) Tourism Management we require applicants to hold GCSE Maths at Grade C/4 or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths. Unfortunately with Level 1 Maths you would not be made an offer for the course.

We would recommend that you look into completing your Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths in order to be eligible to apply. Alternatively, if you have a Grade D/3 in Maths then you would be eligible to apply for the Foundation Year.

I hope this helps.

Rebecca
i have dyscalculia though but im good with all my other grades. Just not great on Maths but in assignments it doesn't bother me so could i be an exception
Original post by travelcollegeguy
i have dyscalculia though but im good with all my other grades. Just not great on Maths but in assignments it doesn't bother me so could i be an exception

Unfortunately without the Maths you would not be considered for entry on to the course. We require GCSE C/4 for Year 1 entry and D/3 for Foundation Year. Alternatively we consider Level 2 Functional Skills.

We do have some degrees which do not require GCSE Maths, such as BA (Hons) English and BA (Hon) History, however these are not related to Tourism Management.

Rebecca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending