brown family problems - interracial relationships

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm really bad at explaining things but hopefully everyone can keep up lol. Im a 24yr old indian girl and currently do not live at home. Ive been seeing my current boyfriend for a while now, but am not able to tell my parents as he is white. I really hate having to lie to my family and the constantly ask me when i will be moving back home with them, and want me to start meeting indian boys to marry. Indian boys are just not my type and i know Im happy with my boyfriend. i really dont want to hurt my parents but i don't know how to have the best of both worlds. I love them too much and feel selfish for not putting their happiness first, as they have always done with mine.
HealthInsurance
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh shoot i'd say it makes a big difference if your parents live in Europe or America or India. My parents (would be disappointed) but still to some extent accept an inter-racial relationship. But honestly in the end it just matters if you value your happiness or your parents.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Well we live in England, i value my parents so much but want them to see how happy i am at the same time.
MillennialX
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm really bad at explaining things but hopefully everyone can keep up lol. Im a 24yr old indian girl and currently do not live at home. Ive been seeing my current boyfriend for a while now, but am not able to tell my parents as he is white. I really hate having to lie to my family and the constantly ask me when i will be moving back home with them, and want me to start meeting indian boys to marry. Indian boys are just not my type and i know Im happy with my boyfriend. i really dont want to hurt my parents but i don't know how to have the best of both worlds. I love them too much and feel selfish for not putting their happiness first, as they have always done with mine.
Looks like once you got a white boyfriend you found all Indian boys unattractive.

Does this mean you would only date white boys and reject all other races?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
not putting their happiness first, as they have always done with mine.
They're not putting your happiness first. They're putting their views that are not suited for modern britain first.
If they don't live in the UK then it's a bit different, but I'd advise you to cut yourself off from them. Embrace modern life in a tolerant, free country, and don't be held back by traditional families. Enjoy the UK and I hope you choose to stay here over returning to such restrictive parents- you're 24 fgs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (519)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (638)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.32%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise