The Student Room Group

Confused on University Selection PLEASE HELP !!

Hey, I just wanted to know which university I need to select as I got offer letters from the following universities. (January 2019)

1.Aston University ...Birmingham
2.Brunel University ...London
3.Anglia Ruskin University ...Cambridge
4.Hertfordshire University ...Hertfordshire

P.s and it's on Masters in Management in all except in Anglia as it is for International Business
Please give your feedback on the Places (Living, Night Life, People, International Students, Active Life) as I am an international student these things do matter as well as the reputation of the school in this field
Original post by AbhinavM
Hey, I just wanted to know which university I need to select as I got offer letters from the following universities. (January 2019)

1.Aston University ...Birmingham
2.Brunel University ...London
3.Anglia Ruskin University ...Cambridge
4.Hertfordshire University ...Hertfordshire

P.s and it's on Masters in Management in all except in Anglia as it is for International Business
Please give your feedback on the Places (Living, Night Life, People, International Students, Active Life) as I am an international student these things do matter as well as the reputation of the school in this field

Hi @AbhinavM

Cambridge is an ancient city with lots of history but with a young, active and international atmosphere. I can assure that you will never get bored in this city as there is always something going on - a wide range of events in town, museums and theatres, shops, restaurants, pubs, nightclubs and London is just 40 minutes away by train.

Nightlife in Cambridge is alive, offering a wide range of pubs and nightclubs suiting all tastes, and open until late every single day of the week. Moving around Cambridge is easy and fast - its compact size allows you to travel on foot or by bike but you can also take the bus, if preferred.

The best thing about studying at ARU, apart from all the support you will receive as an international student, is that the campus is situated just 10 minutes away from city centre. Making friends in ARU and in Cambridge in general is really easy, everyone is welcoming, inclusive and open and you have the chance to meet people from all over the world. You can also join ARU societies and clubs to meet people, or attend the weekly social events on campus, giving you the chance to regularly meet students on different courses, helping you expand your horizons and get involved with the university.

Cristina :smile:
Hi @AbhinavM,

I'll preface this by saying it is best to visit the unis if you can - that is the best way of gauging how you'll enjoy it!

With that said, I've personally found Hatfield a very nice place to live. It can be a bit quiet in comparison to some of the other places you mention, but there is still plenty to do. On the surface they may not be that much here - but there is quite an interesting history if you know where to look!

If you did fancy a change of scenery, St Albans, Watford and London are all within 20 minutes by bus or train, and all have pretty regular services. Being a small town there is a handful of pubs, and the student club (the Forum) is the main destination in terms of nightlife, but it still manages to pull a decent crowd on most nights, and they often get the odd gig here and there.

The student and active life on campus is really good at UH - a lot of investment has gone into things like student halls and gyms and the like over the last few years - it's all pretty modern. The international support is also great, and there's a real mix of people across all courses and societies so you'll make plenty of friends!

I don't know too much about the management course, but I know the university has close links with a lot of project management companies (PCubed, for instance, have had a connection with the university for over 10 years now). If you would like some more information on the course itself I can put you in touch with someone on the management side, if you would like.

Hope that helps!

Theo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending