The Student Room Group

What is a commission?

I need to know for my RAF filter interview but from looking online I can't find one clear definition to describe it.
I believe it is a charge of duty by the queen though I may be wrong in my definition. @Drewski will be able to provide a better answer
Original post by marveldinosaur
I need to know for my RAF filter interview but from looking online I can't find one clear definition to describe it.

https://www.army.mod.uk/media/2698/ac72021_the_army_leadership_code_an_introductory_guide.pdf
Reply 3
As Ash says, in this case, a commission is a charge from the monarch appointing someone to carry out the duties and responsibilities of a particular rank or appointment.

It can also refer to the document you are given on graduation as an officer which states in general terms that you are to dilligently carry out your duties and ensure the disciinexand order of personnel under your command; hence you literally "hold the Queen's Commission".
(edited 5 years ago)

Hi

With regards to the RAF it's being appointed by the Queen to become an Officer in the Royal Air Force (They are commissioned to take up their role).

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 5

The interviewer won't just be asking you what it is, but what that means to you, and what your understanding is of the position / authority / status.

If you make it to OASC, you'll need to be thinking rather than just saying X, saying why and defending your opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest