Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So any opinons on it? Does it work? Is it a waste of time? Any positives or negatives?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If there's one thing international football ever lacked (in reality it lacks a lot, tournaments aside it's quite dull), it's promotion and relegation battles so this is great.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Think it's been fantastic personally. Regular, competitive games against sides of equal quality have been much needed. It's so much more entertaining than watching England beat San Marino or Luxembourg 8-0 in a game neither side gets anything out of.

ReputationRep:
    It's great. Been enjoying watching the 'too cool for school' lot clutch at all the straws they can to downplay what England achieved in it also.

Great competition.

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing to contribute.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit overly complicated as I'm not sure I still understand the structure (or care enough to look it up).

Seems a way for the bigger nations to ensure their cash cow is squeezed the most by sticking in more high profile games. Not sure how the weaker teams are meant to improve or survive really.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    It's great. Been enjoying watching the 'too cool for school' lot clutch at all the straws they can to downplay what England achieved in it also.

Great competition.
    Ok, but be fair if England hadn't got two late goals v Croatia and were relegated, most of you would be saying it's just overhyped friendlies anyway

ReputationRep:
    It's enjoyable to watch and certainly beneficial for international teams that are of a lower level because of the tie in to qualification for the Euros - not sure how it works, but I've seen a few fans of teams that wouldn't have been able to qualify that are now excited because they now have the chance to. It also makes what would be meaningless friendly matches more competitive.

ReputationRep:
    And if my auntie had a **** she'd be my uncle.
    :eek:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Ok, but be fair if England hadn't got two late goals v Croatia and were relegated, most of you would be saying it's just overhyped friendlies anyway
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    And if my auntie had a **** she'd be my uncle.
    :eek:
    Well no, I'm serious. England fans were as critical of the idea before as everyone else, if they hadn't have done well it'd be a tinpot tournament

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it didn't happen.

I looked forward to the competition and have enjoyed it, you'll just have to take my word for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username917703)
    I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it didn't happen.

I looked forward to the competition and have enjoyed it, you'll just have to take my word for that.
    Has Wilf left the site?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.