Your opinion on the Nations League?

Watch
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So any opinons on it? Does it work? Is it a waste of time? Any positives or negatives?
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If there's one thing international football ever lacked (in reality it lacks a lot, tournaments aside it's quite dull), it's promotion and relegation battles so this is great.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Think it's been fantastic personally. Regular, competitive games against sides of equal quality have been much needed. It's so much more entertaining than watching England beat San Marino or Luxembourg 8-0 in a game neither side gets anything out of.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's great. Been enjoying watching the 'too cool for school' lot clutch at all the straws they can to downplay what England achieved in it also.

Great competition.
username3081694
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have nothing to contribute.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's a bit overly complicated as I'm not sure I still understand the structure (or care enough to look it up).

Seems a way for the bigger nations to ensure their cash cow is squeezed the most by sticking in more high profile games. Not sure how the weaker teams are meant to improve or survive really.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
It's great. Been enjoying watching the 'too cool for school' lot clutch at all the straws they can to downplay what England achieved in it also.

Great competition.
Ok, but be fair if England hadn't got two late goals v Croatia and were relegated, most of you would be saying it's just overhyped friendlies anyway
Phildjm
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's enjoyable to watch and certainly beneficial for international teams that are of a lower level because of the tie in to qualification for the Euros - not sure how it works, but I've seen a few fans of teams that wouldn't have been able to qualify that are now excited because they now have the chance to. It also makes what would be meaningless friendly matches more competitive.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And if my auntie had a **** she'd be my uncle.
:eek:
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Ok, but be fair if England hadn't got two late goals v Croatia and were relegated, most of you would be saying it's just overhyped friendlies anyway
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
And if my auntie had a **** she'd be my uncle.
:eek:
Well no, I'm serious. England fans were as critical of the idea before as everyone else, if they hadn't have done well it'd be a tinpot tournament
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it didn't happen.

I looked forward to the competition and have enjoyed it, you'll just have to take my word for that.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by username917703)
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it didn't happen.

I looked forward to the competition and have enjoyed it, you'll just have to take my word for that.
Has Wilf left the site?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (17)
7.87%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
6.48%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (45)
20.83%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (28)
12.96%
No, nothing has changed (72)
33.33%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (40)
18.52%

Watched Threads