Don't think I did as well as I could of in my Year 11 Mocks

Watch
Chynabenae
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is it possible to jump from C's and B's to A's and B's in 6 months or not? In really worried as I tried so hard for my year 11 mocks. Could someone maybe talk about past experiences, how you moved you grade from year 11 mocks up to the actual exam.
Dave1028
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chynabenae)
Is it possible to jump from C's and B's to A's and B's in 6 months or not? In really worried as I tried so hard for my year 11 mocks. Could someone maybe talk about past experiences, how you moved you grade from year 11 mocks up to the actual exam.
I went from a grade 2 in chemistry to a grade 7
Grade 4 in english to a grade 7
A lot of things are possible, as you attempt more questions in class, you'll get more use to it, you'll have more revision in the actual exams, and your pre-finals will also help you. Getting a question wrong and correcting it and understanding how you went wrong will stick in your mind next time you do your question, Remember to do past papers and mark them fairly, good luck for your actual gcses
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes, mocks do not reflect how you'll perform in the real exam. work hard and do plenty of practice questions for the exams and don't be afraid to ask the teacher for help if you need it.
Erinkelly
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just make sure you ask your teachers for specific feedback on what you did wrong and how you can improve. You'll be fine, I went from a D in my Maths mock in the summer of year 10 to an A by November of year 11.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (114)
40.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (30)
10.71%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.5%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (64)
22.86%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.43%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed