Should I start smoking?

Watch
milyxd
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Few day ago my gf urge me to tried cigarette. I didn't expect I liked it. Now think about next, but if I tell her about my willing for next she will not remit me and will make from me regular smoker. What should i do?
CASIOfx-85GT
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
don’t smoke.
Juju12355
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Dont smoke
Trapmoneybenny
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Come on dude. Fire up them brain cells, do you really need to ask this on TSR? Like for real?
milyxd
Rep:
I'm serious. I think about that because I live in smoke filled house and we can smoke together. In a party I would not have to stay alone when she goes smoking etc.
blackhound333
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
social smoke fine
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
you could vape instead , arguably safer and best of both worlds
milyxd
Rep:
(Original post by blackhound333)
social smoke fine

I think about that. I don't want addicted myself.
maddiesmith
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I started "social smoking" when I was 18 (in 23 now) and ended up becoming a smoker, I loved it at first but after a year or so I began getting little pain in my chest, I was going through anxiety so assumed it was that, and would constantly have a cough which felt like a chest infection. My heart rate also increased a lot! It was quite uncomfortable and again, assumed it was anxiety. I sort of stopped smoke accidentally lol my dad never knew I smoked as he would kill me, I went on an overnight trip with him when I was 21 (so three years smoker) which turned into a 3 day trip and I couldn't smoke once! By the time I came back I said to my mum you know what, I have already gone through the hardest part of quitting so I might not smoke again. I had one puff of a cigarette and felt so sick I put it down and that was that.. In a few weeks no more chest pain, no more cough, heart rate is lovely and relaxed.. All of those bad things were due to smoking.. I was thriving on how good not smoking made me feel!

Just think about this before making your decision
That'sGreat
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by milyxd)
I'm serious. I think about that because I live in smoke filled house and we can smoke together. In a party I would not have to stay alone when she goes smoking etc.
How old are you? Because you are either very naive or stupid. You don't need to smoke at parties, just take a drink out with her (is that not common sense). Living in a 'smoke filled house' is not a reason to start smoking, it's an excuse. If anything, it should be a reason for why you wouldn't smoke
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Don't smoke. It really isn't worth it.
Thewanabenerd
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
did you even have PSHE in school?
if yes then those lessons to teach you about smoking has gone to waste...

You can smoke if you want to:
-lower life expectacy
-lung cancer
-get ill
-die(yes you can die from it through cancer)
noorgal
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Lung cancer is the majority of cancer diagnoses and it’s mainly caused by smoking. Smoking also makes you more susceptible to other cancers. If you care about your health and well-being in the future and currently, please don’t smoke
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thewanabenerd)
did you even have PSHE in school?
if yes then those lessons to teach you about smoking has gone to waste...

You can smoke if you want to:
-lower life expectacy
-lung cancer
-get ill
-die(yes you can die from it through cancer)
Also COPD. Want to be strapped to a breathing device forever after the age of 50? Want to constantly feel out of breath? Do you want to look 10 years older because you get wrinkles much faster than anyone else because of free radicals in the smoke? Do you also want to smell like ****?
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 3 years ago
milyxd
Rep:
(Original post by maddiesmith)
I started "social smoking" when I was 18 (in 23 now) and ended up becoming a smoker, I loved it at first but after a year or so I began getting little pain in my chest, I was going through anxiety so assumed it was that, and would constantly have a cough which felt like a chest infection. My heart rate also increased a lot! It was quite uncomfortable and again, assumed it was anxiety. I sort of stopped smoke accidentally lol my dad never knew I smoked as he would kill me, I went on an overnight trip with him when I was 21 (so three years smoker) which turned into a 3 day trip and I couldn't smoke once! By the time I came back I said to my mum you know what, I have already gone through the hardest part of quitting so I might not smoke again. I had one puff of a cigarette and felt so sick I put it down and that was that.. In a few weeks no more chest pain, no more cough, heart rate is lovely and relaxed.. All of those bad things were due to smoking.. I was thriving on how good not smoking made me feel!

Just think about this before making your decision

I thought about that and I going to try next because first was amazing. Maybe I will not get hooked.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
Can you get lung cancer from smoking weed?
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can you get lung cancer from smoking weed?
Well I don't see why not, you are literally breathing in dead plant matter and paper. Roll grass in some skins, give it to a person and make the smoke it like a chronic weed smoker, I am sure it is possible. PS I know people get marijuana for cancer, the weed itself isn't the issue its the fact that you are burning and breathing in the smoke of that. Best way to do it is vape or edibles

But I don't believe it is common at all. I am pretty sure that COPD is common with chronic weed smokers but they have to pretty old for that.
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 3 years ago
shalomitstom
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by milyxd)
Few day ago my gf urge me to tried cigarette. I didn't expect I liked it. Now think about next, but if I tell her about my willing for next she will not remit me and will make from me regular smoker. What should i do?
Dude smoke all you like if you want to but not if your gf wants you to. I think her pressuring you into doing things you don't fancy is more harmful than a cigarette or two
Jack22031994
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thread moved to Health

No, OP you shouldnt.
Attached files
Last edited by Jack22031994; 3 years ago
That'sGreat
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No you can't
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
10.17%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
0.85%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.78%
Finding the motivation (32)
27.12%
Getting distracted (15)
12.71%
Procrastination (49)
41.53%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.85%

Watched Threads