The Student Room Group

Should I be worried about my grades??

Year 12 AS student here, began in September.

My a-level choices are Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics.

So, I got a pretty rough start in my subjects getting E-D grades on homeworks, topic tests etc even when putting in a moderate amount of effort, until October when things improved slightly and now, where I'm doing many hours of work and levelling out at C grades to B grades - dropping off to E and D again when I rush my homeworks.

Obviously, A-Levels aren't easy, but seeing how a lot of people seem to be getting A grades already has me worried as my aim is to finish with 4 A grades at AS. Am I approaching things poorly?
I wouldn’t worry about grades this early being poor, I started year 12 on E-D grades and they eventually got better until the end of Year 12 and then i was on B-A grades. The move from year 11 to college is one of the biggest jumps and your grades will suffer at the start because of it! Just work hard and try to take in your teachers improvements. Don’t worry too much, it’s normal to start off with bad grades!
Reply 2
Original post by amorfattie
I wouldn’t worry about grades this early being poor, I started year 12 on E-D grades and they eventually got better until the end of Year 12 and then i was on B-A grades. The move from year 11 to college is one of the biggest jumps and your grades will suffer at the start because of it! Just work hard and try to take in your teachers improvements. Don’t worry too much, it’s normal to start off with bad grades!

That's reassuring. How much work do people tend to put in during Christmas break? I'm planning to work *very* hard at that time to boost my grades, does that sound very realistic?
Original post by swaus
That's reassuring. How much work do people tend to put in during Christmas break? I'm planning to work *very* hard at that time to boost my grades, does that sound very realistic?

Well some revision would be helpful, you should be going over content pretty much every week just to solidify your knowledge, i wouldn’t do a lot just because without time to relax college will start to feel really overwhelming. Maybe around two to three hours most days would suffice to help bring your grades up to a B grade average.
hiya. i have the same query. i got my first set of best fit grades from my report and i'm working at A*CC. is this normal for november of year 12? ive missed a month of school due to an illness, therefore i havent been studying/doing much work. if it's not normal, how do i grow my CC to at least 2 Bs soon?

Quick Reply

Latest