The Student Room Group
Worst case scenario is likely to be you both being banned from the gym, can't imagine they'd pursue it legally or anything. Doubt anyone would notice, though.
Wot woody said. You would just be banned.
People do it at my gym all the time, as long as you don’t go on the same days you’ll be fine.
How would they even know though? Like how does it look any different to a regular guy/girl putting in their pin and entering the gym
TIL. I used to think there was some guy watching security cams with a notebook containing physical depictions of who truly owns the pin or something lmao.

Also new people join all the time. Does this mean if you just mind your own business and get on with your exercise you're never caught? I feel like that's prob taken advantage of
Original post by lawlietxtt
How would they even know though? Like how does it look any different to a regular guy/girl putting in their pin and entering the gym

You should be on cctv.
Reply 7
I've done it plenty in the past. Don't go on the same day, that's the only time it will flag on their system.
No
Reply 10

I'm not a massive advocate of this method but that's probably the only time in the history of gym membership abuse that's ever happened lol. Article was in 2010.
Original post by Sae.HH
I'm not a massive advocate of this method but that's probably the only time in the history of gym membership abuse that's ever happened lol. Article was in 2010.

Probably. In response to the thread opener. Yes you can but no you shouldn’t.

Yeah very unlikely to happen but still could.

At the end of the day it’s stealing. Would this same person steal from a local shop? Or run out of a restaurant without paying?

You want to use a service. Pay for it. Gym memberships at 247 chains are really not that expensive.
no due you will not
You will get banned from the gym tbh
Reply 14
Original post by Snfkin
Members need a pin to get in. The thing is i usually only go to the gym once a week or so, and my friend would like to go more. I know that it’s against the rules, but would anything big happen if I were to share my pin with her to let her access the gym? The gym is under a big company but is pretty small in size.

Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Worst case scenario is likely to be you both being banned from the gym, can't imagine they'd pursue it legally or anything. Doubt anyone would notice, though.

My old gym used pins but also had a system which flagged suspicious behavior eg: logging in multiple times a day, logging in Leeds, then later in London ......and probably other stuff too.

It is a risk, and quite frankly i'd demand at least £10 a month before considering to give someone my gym details ...because if they get caught or c0ck up it's YOU who ends up with a lifetime ban
Personally I wouldn’t risk it bro they can just get their own membership
Theyl record it and time stamp when your entering and if you go twice a day it will look for the same person
Reply 17
Original post by joseph.be109
Theyl record it and time stamp when your entering and if you go twice a day it will look for the same person

The thread is 3 years old