Josephine Butler College (Durham) 2019 Offer Holders Watch

CoochieCrusader
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi all. Just a discussion for people who're probably going to be in JB in 2019. What did you think about the place? What course have you applied for? What sort of offer did you get?

I've applied for Computer Science with an Industry Year. JB seems like a sick place.

Good to meet you's. ☺
truthmartini
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi. I've applied for JB to study English Literature, I just realy liked it's location and facilities. I haven't yet receieved an offer. I agree, it did seem like a sick place, hopefully I can get a place
CoochieCrusader
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by truthmartini)
Hi. I've applied for JB to study English Literature, I just realy liked it's location and facilities. I haven't yet receieved an offer. I agree, it did seem like a sick place, hopefully I can get a place
Good luck pal. I'm sure you'll do just fine. From what I've seen of my mates applying for Law and other courses at Durham, Humanities and Arts type stuff seem to be taking longer to process. Don't sweat it bro.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I've got an offer for biology. Chose it because I need to be self catered! I'm just worried cos some people said the college is more anti-social than the others.
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Also, have you had any confirmation that your definitely accepted into JB? All I have is the letter Z in UCAS track.
username2424985
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 0370900)
I've got an offer for biology. Chose it because I need to be self catered! I'm just worried cos some people said the college is more anti-social than the others.
Absolutely untrue! I'm a current first-year at Butler, it's a wonderfully friendly place and parties just as hard as any other college.

If anyone has any questions about Butler or the wider Durham experience, please ask away.
truthmartini
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Happy to update that I've got my offer, but not confirmed at JB yet
lianarfaei
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!! I have an offer to study International Relations & have applied for Butler but no response on that yet!
truthmartini
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My place has been confirmed at Josephine Butler!! Just got to decide which uni I'm definitely going to and hope that I get the grades now
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by truthmartini)
My place has been confirmed at Josephine Butler!! Just got to decide which uni I'm definitely going to and hope that I get the grades now
Great to hear and good luck with the grades :yy:
truthmartini
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 8472)
Great to hear and good luck with the grades :yy:
Thanks
candycoated_01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Does anyone know how Hatfield college is? I've received an offer for BA Econ L100 and college allocation is Hatfield
DontJudgeImANerd
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sameeksha31)
Hi! Does anyone know how Hatfield college is? I've received an offer for BA Econ L100 and college allocation is Hatfield
It's got a bit of a reputation for having a load of pretentious pricks living there, but I've visited it at an open day, and it looks pretty nice other than it's rep
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DontJudgeImANerd
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Got into JB for theoretical physics

haven't seen any other physicists in the Durham thread or here, anyone else doing some sort of physics?
candycoated_01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DontJudgeImANerd)
It's got a bit of a reputation for having a load of pretentious pricks living there, but I've visited it at an open day, and it looks pretty nice other than it's rep
That's just sad, thanks anyway xD
JC2021
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DontJudgeImANerd)
Got into JB for theoretical physics

haven't seen any other physicists in the Durham thread or here, anyone else doing some sort of physics?
Hey, I have an offer for Physics and Astronomy and just got allocated to JB today,

first Durham physicist I've met as well
Homemadeslaw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JC2021)
Hey, I have an offer for Physics and Astronomy and just got allocated to JB today,

first Durham physicist I've met as well
Hey guys I've also just been allocated to JB for the MPhys course. You guys are the first I've seen in the same situation. Are you thinking of firming it?
DontJudgeImANerd
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Homemadeslaw)
Hey guys I've also just been allocated to JB for the MPhys course. You guys are the first I've seen in the same situation. Are you thinking of firming it?
Nice to see another Physicist

I'm debating whether to firm Durham or York atm

check pm
stephie.b
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
JB for natsci! Planning to insure durham as I have a cambridge offer but I'm worried that if I do, I'll get switched colleges. How often does that happen?
DontJudgeImANerd
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by stephie.b)
JB for natsci! Planning to insure durham as I have a cambridge offer but I'm worried that if I do, I'll get switched colleges. How often does that happen?
it doesn't happen too often, they try to keep you in the college you were allocated if they can

Out of interest, what were your offers from Cambridge and Durham?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (116)
17.5%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (70)
10.56%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (117)
17.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (98)
14.78%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (64)
9.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (198)
29.86%

Watched Threads