Sticky Situation (HELP!!!!!)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm fifteen. Back when I was seven, I really liked this girl, also seven. This was in Dubai, and it was my last year in Dubai because my dad had found a job in the UK.

Fast forward six years, I'm thirteen now and have finally got social media. I followed her on Instagram and Twitter. I started to chat, but because of the time difference she rarely replied, and when she did I was asleep.

Then in August, she moved to Canada. Then I started to chat more. She asked questions and I answered, vice versa. I really wanted to hear her voice again. I gave her my UK phone number, but she replied that she couldn't because of the cost of international calling.

On my brother's 18th she called (finally!) but I couldn't answer it. I was so unlucky. Then two weeks later l asked when her birthday was so I could shout her out on Instagram. She gave it to me, and to this day its in my phone's calendar.
Sadly she never asked for mine.

On my fourteenth birthday, I knew she wasn't going to shout me out on Instagram so I reminded her and I sent an awkward messed up selfie and she took a screenshot of it. In my mind, I pictured that she had set that picture as her background. I was being a dumb teenage boy.

We are still 'just chatting' and I have not had courage to ask her out, because the distance between Canada and England is too far, and apparently, Long-distance relationships only last around 4.5-5 months.
Linalolo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah although not impossible, long distance relationships barely survive.
If I were you I would just chill. I didnt get my first boyfriend until I was 16.. Some of my friends who are 19 now never been in a relationship. You can just enjoy your friendship. If you really really like her then tell her, otherwise, just wait until someone in real life comes along.
Lemonadez
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So what's the actual question loooool???
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I DMed the girl and well I got blocked. I am such a dumbass. I asked her if she was free, she was coming to London to visit family, and then she blocked me. Ahh oh well! At least she's got me started on some banger songs, break up songs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (489)
33.4%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (608)
41.53%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (299)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed