The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Interview prep?

I have an interview for Television and Radio at the uni of Salford on 5th December. Anyone got any good tips for the interview of what to expect, or has anyone actually done the interview?

Also what is a good dress code? I'm thinking of wearing smart grey checkered trousers with a casual white turtle neck t-shirt.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
I've got an interview for the same course on the 5th as well! I have no idea what to expect, hoping that replying will attract some attention to the thread from someone who has experience with Salfrod interviews. I'm thinking of going fairly casual with my clothing, jumper and jeans is my go to. :smile:
hi, I've also got an interview on the 5th and I have no idea what to expect, except that the interview will consist of a group discussion and a creative exercise. I'm probably going smart casual for the interview
Reply 4
I’m quite nervous for it, what do you think the ‘creative exercise’ would be? Could it be something written, or do you think they would put us into groups and get us to do some filming or something? But I guess I’ll see you all there!
I think it's a group exercise? I'm also applying to Gloucestershire and that's what their creative exercise is so I can only assume its something similar. Could it be a creative pitch where we have to come up with an idea for a programme maybe?
yeah but isn't there a group task and a creative task so maybe they do want us to do something individually to see our skills personally
God I hope not aha, I’ll be stressed enough as it is! I wish they would say more about what we should expect...
Hi guys! I also have an interview on the 5th! I’m so nervous!! I’d love to speak to you guys about it :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by edendaryyl
Hi guys! I also have an interview on the 5th! I’m so nervous!! I’d love to speak to you guys about it :smile:

Vodka and beta blockers... only way I was able to pass my driving test. :h:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi! Good to know it’s not just me, I haven't prepared for next week at all, not that I know what I need to prepare. Do you guys have stuff to show them (Videos you’ve directed, edited, filmed etc)? I have a few pieces from my work experience but I don’t know how to present them.
Reply 11
Original post by CalypticWeather
Hi! Good to know it’s not just me, I haven't prepared for next week at all, not that I know what I need to prepare. Do you guys have stuff to show them (Videos you’ve directed, edited, filmed etc)? I have a few pieces from my work experience but I don’t know how to present them.

If you’re doing the TV and Radio course, it doesn’t say that a portfolio or examples of work is required, it only says that for the film production course
Original post by jxeyk
If you’re doing the TV and Radio course, it doesn’t say that a portfolio or examples of work is required, it only says that for the film production course

Good to know it’s not required, but I talk a lot about it in my personal statement so I’d like to at least have the option of showing them in case they ask y’know? I’m thinking of just putting the pieces on a USB and that’s it?

Quick Reply