The Student Room Group

Oxford PPE Interview Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgetbarber
Assume they’re all over, how did people find them?

None of them went too badly, one of them I felt went pretty good. But of course you can never know for sure.
Wanted to ask whether anyone had to stay longer than 3pm on 5th december ?
Original post by JCPPE
Hi there - just wondering, in your experience, is it a bad sign that I was only interviewed for PPE by one college (not the one I applied to, but I'd love to go there)?

Officially, it doesn’t matter. They interview people again (or not) for a variety of reasons.
I know that I was only interviewed by one college and when I applied only like two people got interviews at other colleges and I definitely know that one of these did not get in, not sure about the other one. I don’t think it means anything in regards to getting in or not :smile:
I’m guessing that the vague starting questions like ‘why do you want to study PPE?’ or just general introductory questions don’t matter as much as the proper interview questions, or do they both equally contribute to the mark?
Original post by JMR2018
I’m guessing that the vague starting questions like ‘why do you want to study PPE?’ or just general introductory questions don’t matter as much as the proper interview questions, or do they both equally contribute to the mark?

Unhelpful answer is "it depends on the college/interviewer". Personally, though, I think the throwaway questions won't matter at all - the interviewers aren't interested in questions you could have prepared for beforehand.
My interviews were at Wadham. There were 22 of us and we all had 3 interviews, and absolutely no one was asked introductory questions or anything about our personal statements.
Original post by giraaaaaffe
Unhelpful answer is "it depends on the college/interviewer". Personally, though, I think the throwaway questions won't matter at all - the interviewers aren't interested in questions you could have prepared for beforehand.
My interviews were at Wadham. There were 22 of us and we all had 3 interviews, and absolutely no one was asked introductory questions or anything about our personal statements.

Wadham is a nice college :smile: how did you find the interviews as a whole?
Original post by JMR2018
Wadham is a nice college :smile: how did you find the interviews as a whole?

Yeah, everyone there was really lovely & welcoming- didn't feel like we were competing at all.
I really enjoyed the Philosophy questions, but the Econ interview(er) was pretty frustrating. I never want to think about the price of ice cream again...
How did yours go? What college were you at?
Original post by giraaaaaffe
Yeah, everyone there was really lovely & welcoming- didn't feel like we were competing at all.
I really enjoyed the Philosophy questions, but the Econ interview(er) was pretty frustrating. I never want to think about the price of ice cream again...
How did yours go? What college were you at?

Same I don’t feel bad about it, we’ll just have to wait and see. I was at Teddy Hall.
Did anyone else have absolutely no personal / introductory questions , they went straight into questions about pre reading
Reply 49
Original post by PPPPe2019
Did anyone else have absolutely no personal / introductory questions , they went straight into questions about pre reading

That was the case for my Philosophy and economics interview (although they kind of did at the end), in my politics interview however they did ask me two introductory questions
Does anyone know, when they make their decisions do they look at all parts of our application or just the interview performance of those shortlisted, and do they use the average of the scores for all 3 interviews or something?
Reply 51
Original post by JMR2018
Does anyone know, when they make their decisions do they look at all parts of our application or just the interview performance of those shortlisted, and do they use the average of the scores for all 3 interviews or something?

I’m pretty sure that they consider the application as a whole and not just the interviews
Original post by JMR2018

For History&Politics applicants, the interview perfomance accounts for 30% of the final decision. It would be helpful to know the proportion for PPE, but I don't think there are any official numbers:/
Anyway, each application will be considered hollistically. That's what everybody keeps telling us, I know, but unfortunately it's all we know😅
I am very pessimistic haha A908DD4B-4B20-4772-8B93-94B3CF14E450.jpg.jpegF71318A5-E414-4AAC-9B1E-BEFA840C3954.jpg.jpeg
I am very pessimistic haha A908DD4B-4B20-4772-8B93-94B3CF14E450.jpg.jpegF71318A5-E414-4AAC-9B1E-BEFA840C3954.jpg.jpeg

where did you find this? could you send a link please? :smile:

2018?
the Keble College admissions round info is available, I think the link is in the Oxford interview/decision thread
Original post by music4cars
the Keble College admissions round info is available, I think the link is in the Oxford interview/decision thread

The Keble one has always been available and does not include 2019 admjssions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending