Turn on thread page Beta

Is it safe to say that christmas is not as fun as it used to be? watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to loovvvee christmas, from presents, to family poker and monopoly, to fighting of the best parts of the turkey.

But is it just me or has christmas just become another day?

No more running downstairs to open presents, rushing to get the best food and no more getting excited to pop christmas crackers.

2018 - Year grinch stole christmas or nah?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i think its just part of getting older
    i no longer feel excited on my birthday either. time was it was an exciting day and on the actual day i always felt slightly more special because i knew it was MY day. but now birthdays are just another day. even getting presents don't do anything for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanimalGurl)
    I used to loovvvee christmas, from presents, to family poker and monopoly, to fighting of the best parts of the turkey.

No more running downstairs to open presents, rushing to get the best food and no more getting excited to pop christmas crackers.

Pretty sure it obviously depends on the person. There are things to look forward to about it still. But your outlook doesn't see it that way for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Same here. Miss that magical feel it used to have. I think part of it for me is that we don't really do much anymore and my parents have been inviting other people over which kinda ruins the whole family get together vibe. Also, we don't play monopoly anymore as my parents are usually too tired.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by HanimalGurl)

Probably because you're older. Same happened to me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Growing up is a choice. If you want Christmas to still stay special and exciting then get excited about it. Wear your special Christmas PJs. Run downstairs. Wrap up dozens of daft presents for your family (I got a box of washing powder once 🤣). Visit people who you don’t see regularly around Christmas to give them your presents/cards. Donate something nice to your local food bank. Get down on the carpet with your younger relatives and play. Don’t give up on the board games.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Getting older is a pain. Two years ago, I had two cats die very close together around the holidays: Dec 13 (kidney failure; crashing - an experience I'd never wish on anyone) and Boxing Day (cancer). That combined with my mom not really caring anymore has really zapped any Christmas spirit from me. Last year was a big meh. This year? I haven't even started shopping and don't plan on it until the last minute if I have to.

ReputationRep:
    I ****ing hate Christmas

ReputationRep:
    being like that rn is better than being a fully grown adult thinking Santa is real, leaving him cookies and getting excited over presents.

ReputationRep:
    Just another day really, only difference is ITV is showing tangled rather than loose women.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Maybe the fact that the whole Christmas thing starts in late August/early September has to do something with it, at least for me. By the time Christmas arrive I am so sick of them.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.