The Student Room Group

I’ve lost all interest and motivation and I’m in final year!!

I’ve lost interest, motivation and any desire to care for uni. I’ve felt like this empty and tired attitude towards you to the put I feel burned out from being in education nonstop. I’ve never take time out but I don’t want to let my mum down.

I moved out for my final to try and focus better as I would not be distracted or tired from all transportation routines as I study at Coventry and lived in Birmingham. I never could stay too late at Library to study as I couldn’t miss my train but also my bus back in Birmingham.

To avoid all that I moved out to escape that but also some family drama... Since moving out I feel more lonely then ever, I am not motivated to study, and nothing’s changed. I still don’t care for you Uni at all... I live 5 minutes away from campus and I still can’t get to my lectures or go library. What’s wrong with me??? I’ve seen the doctor at GP and she put me on ain’t depressions and anxiety medication but I stop take it after a week as it made me have stomach pains... I seen people get on them meds and I don’t want to end up like them.

Can someone advise me on What should I do? To change??
Reply 1
Pray/mediatate, exercise. Wake up before lectures, go for a walk clear your head. You could make some sort of positive reinforcement, buying chocolate, or things if you get good marks/ attain good results on corsework.
Reply 2
I felt the exact same way when I was in my final year and I lost all my friends due to my mental health. But trust me when I say you'll wish you tried a little bit harder.

I graduated with a 2:2 which isn't the end of the world, but it wasn't what I wanted tbh and now I regret not pushing myself a little harder.

I was on antidepressants and that just made me have stomach pains and feel numb. Try not to take the antidepressants if you can and instead try to exercise, do work for a little bit, go for a walk, call your family/friends. Try go to the library with a course buddy, it helps to motivate you.

Try to talk to your tutor if you have one or your programme leader. Join societies and clubs to get you more active and also take advantage of all the resources the uni has to offer, most uni's are able to provide counselling (it may sound intimidating but just talking to a stranger without being judged really does make a difference)

Just remember that you have to do this for yourself, yeah I get pleasing your mum and not letting her down is also important. But at the end of the day, it is your name that is going to be on that degree, it is you that's gonna job hunt using that degree. You've only got a few months left before you graduate. Just try do at least 1 hour of each module you have.

Just keep pushing yourself, you're nearly at the end. You can do this!:biggrin:
if u get a 2:2 or less the degree is not as useful, ur effectively barred from majority of grad schemes. and even if u were to apply for 2:2 it aint gonna help u
Reply 4
Original post by JustonBibero
if u get a 2:2 or less the degree is basically pointless ur effectively barred from majority of grad schemes. and even if u were to apply for 2:2 it aint gonna help u

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending