Marie leyla cool
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I am currently studing BTEC level 3 Medical Science in college and want to enter uni to study adult nursing. My experince includes 1 week in hospital, grave digging and experience in playgroup. I am also 17 therefore cant gt paid work experience at care homes or in NHS as you have to be at least 18. In your opinion will i still get accepted into adult nursing in Bournemouth uni or any other uni with suck present experience??? I am open to any advices and thoughts. please helpp. Thank you for any comments
BU Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Marie leyla cool)
I am currently studing BTEC level 3 Medical Science in college and want to enter uni to study adult nursing. My experince includes 1 week in hospital, grave digging and experience in playgroup. I am also 17 therefore cant gt paid work experience at care homes or in NHS as you have to be at least 18. In your opinion will i still get accepted into adult nursing in Bournemouth uni or any other uni with suck present experience??? I am open to any advices and thoughts. please helpp. Thank you for any comments
Hi Marie, although adult nursing is a competitive choice it's still most definitely worth applying for the course. Have you spoken to your current teachers for some advice on the application process and to see if they would provide a reference? Have you offered to do any volunteering at all, perhaps in care homes? Try to apply any experience you have to how it can be relevant to your course and future career.

I wish you the best of luck in your continued study and application process, all stages of your journey are completely relevant to your future experience like your UCAS application and potential interviews so please never be put off applying. Try to also come along to one of our open days where you'll be able to interact with the academics and current students on your course and ask their opinions on experience required.

Good luck and enjoy your pathway to a fantastic career choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads