Hull York Medicine With A Gateway Year 2019 Entry Watch

FutureMedicMaybe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey guys!

I hope you are all doing well. Just making this post because I can’t find it anywhere except the 5-Year entry whereas I applied to the 6-year entry with a gateway year (widening participation).

Just feeling super anxious right now, I applied to the Hull York Medicial School with a Gatwau entry this year with prediction ABC (bio,maths,chem) and also an EPQ predicted at an A (I think). UKCAT with an avg of 660 and SJ band 2. I got an interview on the 14/11/18 & the interview date is 17/12/18.

I was scrolling through the website to see that there are only 10 places available 😭😭😭😭 and now I’m extremely scared lol

The grade requirements are BBC but it specified a B in both bio and chem which I was not predicted - do you think the EPQ increased my chances? They also prioritise people in the Hull York area (which I do not live in).

I’m just feeling quite sad because this is my number one choice, and I don’t know if I’d be able to achieve one of the 10 places... Esspecially since the actual interview will have 8 of us in a group, that’s 80% of the places already😭

Has anyone else gotten another interview date? I’m trying to find any stats on how many have gotten an interview ect...

Any advice or words that can help me feel way less anxious would be greatly appreciated.

Big love ❤️
FutureMedicMaybe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My GCSEs are 2A*5A4B
David135
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've gotten an interview for this course . It's my first choice as well
FutureMedicMaybe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by David135)
I've gotten an interview for this course . It's my first choice as well
That’s amazing, well done! When do you have it? & do u mind telling me ur stats? x
doghorse123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FutureMedicMaybe)
Hey guys!

I hope you are all doing well. Just making this post because I can’t find it anywhere except the 5-Year entry whereas I applied to the 6-year entry with a gateway year (widening participation).

Just feeling super anxious right now, I applied to the Hull York Medicial School with a Gatwau entry this year with prediction ABC (bio,maths,chem) and also an EPQ predicted at an A (I think). UKCAT with an avg of 660 and SJ band 2. I got an interview on the 14/11/18 & the interview date is 17/12/18.

I was scrolling through the website to see that there are only 10 places available 😭😭😭😭 and now I’m extremely scared lol

The grade requirements are BBC but it specified a B in both bio and chem which I was not predicted - do you think the EPQ increased my chances? They also prioritise people in the Hull York area (which I do not live in).

I’m just feeling quite sad because this is my number one choice, and I don’t know if I’d be able to achieve one of the 10 places... Esspecially since the actual interview will have 8 of us in a group, that’s 80% of the places already😭

Has anyone else gotten another interview date? I’m trying to find any stats on how many have gotten an interview ect...

Any advice or words that can help me feel way less anxious would be greatly appreciated.

Big love ❤️
I've got an interview on the 17th as well.
FutureMedicMaybe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by doghorse123)
I've got an interview on the 17th as well.
Congrats!! Mind if I ask your stats and ur interview time? Mine is 13:15.
FatimaBouraoui
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by FutureMedicMaybe)
Congrats!! Mind if I ask your stats and ur interview time? Mine is 13:15.
Same!!! 17th at 13:15
I am predicted AAB
And I got 655 average for UKCAT and band two
I got one A*, 7 As and 2 Bs

I guess we will be seeing each other
doghorse123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by FatimaBouraoui)
Same!!! 17th at 13:15
I am predicted AAB
And I got 655 average for UKCAT and band two
I got one A*, 7 As and 2 Bs

I guess we will be seeing each other
Same as well. My UKCAT was pretty meh tbh, got 652.5 avg and band 3. 7A*s, 3As and 1B at GCSE and predicted AAB.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (103)
26.01%
No (293)
73.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed