SaifA98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Does anyone know how many Supervision AC's are left?
Because I have a phone interview on the 9th April so im assuming there will be an AC after this date?
Cookie_Chick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It depends on the number of candidates they have in the pipeline and how many of those pass. The FCA has an odd process by which it makes offers to the 'best' candidates after an AC, fails the worst and keeps the rest on hold while holding more ACs. All the middle candidates are then comapared and offered the remaining spaces.

This means that even after a telephone interview, they may or may not hold another AC if all the spaces are taken up by benchmark passing candidates from previous ACs. People have had ACs in Dec but gotten offers in March, although there were Jan ACs.
glasses
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey was wondering if anyone has been given pre assessment tests such as the grid challenge to do, if so any ideas of what that test entails and how to prepare? any help is appreciated!!!
JIMBO789
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by spectral_theory)
At the end of the interview they said they'd aim to inform me of the outcome within the next couple of weeks, and that there were two assessment centres available should I get to that stage: one at the end of March, and one in early April. Judging from other applicants' comments it seems as though FCA can be quite slow, particularly for giving feedback. The status of my application just says this:

"Thank you very much for taking part in the recent first round telephone interview.

Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process."
Hey, I don't know if you want me to be the bearer of news good or bad, but I can tell you I heard back about the Actuarial Grad scheme (post telephone interview)
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Anyone willing to share their experience about the AC for Actuary?
zcQ
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi guys, I've just found out about the outcome of my telephone interview for the data science scheme - I guess they're informing people.
CC__
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
How did you find out, over phone? i missed a call from a private number earlier lool
(Original post by zcQ)
Hi guys, I've just found out about the outcome of my telephone interview for the data science scheme - I guess they're informing people.
bobichco
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi,

I was just wondering how long ago you had your telephone interview. Mine was a few weeks ago. Also did they say anything about an AC in the message? ☺️
(Original post by zcQ)
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by bobichco)
Hi,

I was just wondering how long ago you had your telephone interview. Mine was a few weeks ago. Also did they say anything about an AC in the message? ☺️
I heard back pretty soon
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by CC__)
How did you find out, over phone? i missed a call from a private number earlier lool
Heard by email, but pretty sure we put our preferred contact method on the application form. So maybe you did have a call from them, they do withhold their number
glasses
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
is anyone attending the AC on tuesday 2nd april???
SaifA98
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by glasses)
is anyone attending the AC on tuesday 2nd april???
For what scheme?
glasses
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
the technology and change scheme, how about you?
(Original post by SaifA98)
For what scheme?
zcQ
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi,

I did my telephone interview about 3 weeks ago now. I got invited to an AC on 9th Apr - I believe there are two for the Data Science scheme, one on the 9th and another one after (not sure about the date). Hope this helps.

Hi,

bobichco
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank you for letting me know! ☺️ Just wondering when you got the invitation for the AC ?
(Original post by zcQ)
Hi,

I did my telephone interview about 3 weeks ago now. I got invited to an AC on 9th Apr - I believe there are two for the Data Science scheme, one on the 9th and another one after (not sure about the date). Hope this helps.
zcQ
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I got the invite last Friday (29th March).
Thank you for letting me know! ☺️ Just wondering when you got the invitation for the AC ?
agupta1999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi!

Just wondering how your AC for Data Science went?
Are there any more AC's left for this scheme?
I had my telephone interview on the 4th April and still haven't heard back yet so don't know what to expect...

Thanks
(Original post by zcQ)
Hi,

johnpil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Is there anyone still on hold after the phone interview? I had one a couple months back, then they extended the deadline for the schemes, then they extended it again, and the status on the portal shows on hold. What do they do in that case? Perhaps they didn't have enough people for another AC and they put old applicants on hold? Or they consider some applicants qualified and they put them on hold until they sort those that have to go through an AC? Perplexing process with the FCA.
spectral_theory
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by johnpil)
Is there anyone still on hold after the phone interview? I had one a couple months back, then they extended the deadline for the schemes, then they extended it again, and the status on the portal shows on hold. What do they do in that case? Perhaps they didn't have enough people for another AC and they put old applicants on hold? Or they consider some applicants qualified and they put them on hold until they sort those that have to go through an AC? Perplexing process with the FCA.
I can't answer your questions, but I'm also in the same situation. Had a telephone interview on the 1st of March for actuarial. I have however heard of candidates who have had their application on hold (via the portal) for a while and were eventually sent a rejection e-mail three months or so later.
zcQ
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi everyone,

Has anybody heard back after an Assessment Centre? I'm still waiting and it's been over 3 weeks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (95)
19.43%
Labour (207)
42.33%
Liberal Democrats (97)
19.84%
Green Party (33)
6.75%
Brexit Party (15)
3.07%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.23%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.02%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)