The Student Room Group

Puzzling...

I have had an issue over the last few days. Whilst is it now solved, there is something that doesn't line up. This may seem small and irrelevant but it'd really puzzling me.

On Thursday, the school extra-curricular Statistics teacher came to tell us about who was successful in applying to do it. I am a high-achieving student in all of my subjects and I put my name down, certain that I would get in.

I didn't.

I asked the teacher and it said that my effort/grades came up as an issue in Computer Science, DT and English. I believe I have no issues in any of my subjects so this came as a surprise. Being proactive, when I got home I sent an email to the 3 teachers of those subjects, but also included the Statistics teacher an my mum in the email so that they could follow it.

The next day I had one reply from my English teacher who said that she would speak to me in class. She did and said that neither she, nor the head of department had made any such comments to the Statistics teacher, and raised this with her. At the end of the day the Statistics teacher came to me after reading my email saying that she was impressed with how proactive I was and gave me a place on Statistics which I was thrilled about. But then I thought about it some more and came up with a whole list of unanswered questions.

1. My English teacher was the only one to respond out of my three subject teachers, despite them all using their computers all day.

2. Neither my English teacher nor the Statistics teacher gave the comments about my English, so who did?

3. My English teacher chose to say those comments to me only via face to face, and not by email, which ay suggest she didn't want the others to see.

This is probably noting but I feel like there is something more to this. If anyone's got any suggestions please leave them below :-)

Quick Reply

Latest