kat1109
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi im 14 and i wanted to do a psychology GCSE but it was taken from my schools options before i got to pick. Can someone explain how i could go about doing a private GCSE in it instead? It is the main option i wanted to to since i got into highschool and ive been into it for a long time. I get good grades and the extra work doesnt bother me.Many thanks x
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kat1109)
Hi im 14 and i wanted to do a psychology GCSE but it was taken from my schools options before i got to pick. Can someone explain how i could go about doing a private GCSE in it instead? It is the main option i wanted to to since i got into highschool and ive been into it for a long time. I get good grades and the extra work doesnt bother me.Many thanks x
The Learn Ranger can you help?
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kat1109)
What a shame they took Psychology away from your options list.

I guess your options are:
1. Psychology is a massive A level but not so popular at GCSE. You will almost certainly be able to study it at A level and you don't need a GCSE in the subject to follow the course. You could just not worry about the GCSE, find the A level Psychology teacher and ask them to recommend some books you could look at as prep for A level.

2. Find a private GCSE Psychology tutor. This should be possible but you will need to organise your own exam entry - suggest you ask at your school's exam office about this.

My personal advice would be option 1 as you don't want the study of an extra GCSE to get in the way of doing well in all your other subjects.

Do you have a personal tutor you can discuss the issue with?

Let me know what you decide to do. Good luck!

She-Ra
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads