If I’ve dreamt about someone, should I tell them Watch

Imshy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I had a dream about this guy I like and it was amazing, I really want to ask him out or at least tell him but idk what I should say

Any pointers?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
I’m hopeless at this stuff
Imshy
Rep:
?
I’m a terrible talker so I wouldn’t even know where to start or what to do or how to even get him alone
Imshy
Rep:
?
So if any guys know how they would want it
Please tell me in detail so I know
rossjamesxxl9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Imshy)
So I had a dream about this guy I like and it was amazing, I really want to ask him out or at least tell him but idk what I should say

Any pointers?
(Original post by Imshy)
I’m a terrible talker so I wouldn’t even know where to start or what to do or how to even get him alone
When you do manage to get him alone, start by having a casual conversation and then bring up the dream after you've been speaking for a short while and be like Oh I had a dream about you last night and explain what happened. If you go up to him and start talking about the dream straight away you'll probably get tongue tied. It's also probably best to leave out any bits that were too romantic or whatever happened in your dream, talk about funny things that happened which can't be taken in the wrong way. He'll know that you must think a lot about him if you're to dream about him so that extra detail of how you held hands under a tree while the sun set, he doesn't really need to know about and it will save you a lot of embarrassment in case he isn't into you. Talk about it in a friendly way and see where it goes.

Anyways, good luck, hoping you get what you're after.
Last edited by rossjamesxxl9; 3 months ago
Imshy
Rep:
?
(Original post by rossjamesxxl9)
When you do manage to get him alone, start by having a casual conversation and then bring up the dream after you've been speaking for a short while and be like Oh I had a dream about you last night and explain what happened. If you go up to him and start talking about the dream straight away you'll probably get tongue tied. It's also probably best to leave out any bits that were too romantic or whatever happened in your dream, talk about funny things that happened which can't be taken in the wrong way. He'll know that you must think a lot about him if you're to dream about him so that extra detail of how you held hands under a tree while the sun set, he doesn't really need to know about and it will save you a lot of embarrassment in case he isn't into you. Talk about it in a friendly way and see where it goes.

Anyways, good luck, hoping you get what you're after.
Thank you so much, the only problem is, the vast majority of it was romantic
Imshy
Rep:
?
Here’s what happened
I went out with my mam to this Christmas party in a barn, he was there and was dressed the same as me so he came over and we started talking, I’m shorter than him so when I fell, I fell onto his chest

I blushed and looked up at him, then he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend and he kissed me
TheMythicalBeast
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Okay so so far I’ve dreamt of:
A few crushes
Teachers
Professors
TV show characters
Friends, like, all the time
YouTubers
People I saw on Instagram
Book characters
And the list goes on lol. Obviously most of them weren’t in a romantic way, but even if they were I wouldn’t tell them. It’s just a dream, and sometimes there’re a good laugh, it doesn’t mean you have to tell people who were in it about it, your mind does crazy things when you’re asleep lol

But if you do want to ask him out, I’d say just get close to him. Start chatting, maybe texting once in a while. The dream could be a good story to tell once you’re closer
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by TheMythicalBeast; 3 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
I think you should tell him how you feel and see how it goes
Imshy
Rep:
?
What would I talk to him about just in conversation cos I don’t talk to him often
TheMythicalBeast
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Imshy)
What would I talk to him about just in conversation cos I don’t talk to him often
I’d just start with “hey” or something and go from there. If you’ve got things in common like school or work ask about something that happened there, gives you a reason to talk
Imshy
Rep:
?
Should I ask him for help, even if I don’t need it
Imshy
Rep:
?
Or is that too fake
Imshy
Rep:
?
Cos other than music, which we can’t really discuss in school, there’s nothing I know of to talk about
sinfonietta
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No it would be weird.

I sometimes tell friends when they're in a funny dream I have, and even then that can sometimes be awkward for them to hear!
rossjamesxxl9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Imshy)
Thank you so much, the only problem is, the vast majority of it was romantic
Then why not use your imagination, make a couple of things up. Say that you were both in the barn and both got really drunk or something, or whatever you want.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Tell him that there will be 7 years of feast followed by 7 years of famine and that you should put aside some of the excess from the productive years to tide you over for the lean years. Tell him that you know this for sure, because he featured in a technicolour coat in your dream.

IE tell him, but do it in a way that's mildly funny.
Eve Rose
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I personally wouldn't tell him about the dream, especially if you don't know him very well. Some people would just find it funny and cute, but some would be a bit weirded out. Doesn't mean you can't try chatting to him though! Try getting to know him and see if he seems to like you. Sometimes it is just as simple as fancying someone, talking to them, and then after a bit of time, getting together. Good luck!
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
L.D.S. cringe x100
Imshy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Royal Oak)
L.D.S. cringe x100
Yeah, I know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.42%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.73%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.11%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.93%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (193)
30.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise