samanthawongx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so right now some of the year 11s in my school are in the process of applying back to my schools sixth form and I'm already planning to take maths and physics but I'm struggling to decide between biology and art. i enjoy both subjects equally and i really don't know which one to take... which one do you recommend?
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends, do you know what you want to do when you are older?

If you do( and you wanna go to uni) Che K the course requirements.

Also, I hear that art is very time consuming at GCSE so I'd assume it'd be like that but worse at A level.
samanthawongx
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)

Also, I hear that art is very time consuming at GCSE so I'd assume it'd be like that but worse at A level.
im not really sure what i want to be when im older but i do know that i want to go to uni.... genetics is quite interesting but arcchitecture is also quite interesting and i feel like art will be good for architecture however biology will be better for genetics
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by samanthawongx)
im not really sure what i want to be when im older but i do know that i want to go to uni.... genetics is quite interesting but arcchitecture is also quite interesting and i feel like art will be good for architecture however biology will be better for genetics
Check the course requirements for both courses to help you make your decision.
PurpleHills
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well maybe consider swapping physics for Bio and taking art? That might help you to keep your options open. I think it’s best to have a range of subjects if you’re not sure about uni corse.
I did bio, chem, sociology and history because I wasn’t sure when I started.
caffeinated.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey- I do both Biology and Art a level. Personally, I find art massively time-consuming and have compared it to a bit of a battle over the past 2 years. It hasn't been easy at all. I didn’t really think it would be as rough as what people have described, but to be completely honest it has been a huge workload. It is totally different to how you work in other subjects (especially sciences) and it feels like the process of putting together the portfolio is more tactical then skilful at times. In terms of what I would say to take if you are choosing out of the two- I would pick biology, but that’s down to my personal career aspirations and the fact that I do actually really love Biology. I would also recommend you look at course requirements because I would think that you would need Biology for genetics as a requirement, as well as a second science. Most Science related courses will prefer 2 sciences and/or maths.
samanthawongx
Rep:
?

i do art for gcse and i dont find it that time consuming (thats probs coz i really enjoy it though lol)
samanthawongx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by PurpleHills)
Well maybe consider swapping physics for Bio and taking art? That might help you to keep your options open. I think it’s best to have a range of subjects if you’re not sure about uni corse.
I did bio, chem, sociology and history because I wasn’t sure when I started.
physics is a definite option for me, nothing can make me change it

lol i sound like a nerd for wanting to do physics but its one of my fav subjects xD
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You generally shouldn’t do biology without chemistry as they tend to go hand in hand. If. I’m not mistaken a number of bio degrees require or recommend chemistry!
caffeinated.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
This is rubbish. Check what the courses you want to do require or recommend. Yes, they recommend chemistry in some cases, but I know plenty of people who did biology without chemistry. There is very little that is crossover or that goes hand in hand.
You generally shouldn’t do biology without chemistry as they tend to go hand in hand. If. I’m not mistaken a number of bio degrees require or recommend chemistry!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (93)
58.86%
Yes- I don't like it (9)
5.7%
No- I want it (46)
29.11%
No- I don't want it (10)
6.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise