Philosophy Conversion Course Watch

lucashortencio
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!

I'm currently a Psychiatrist in Brazil, but I want to pursue a postgraduate path into Philosophy. Since I have little formal training in the field, I believe it would be more appropriate applying for a conversion course. I have found some options:

- Durham: Philosophy Postgraduate Diploma;
- KCL: Philosophy of Medicine & Psychiatry, MA;
- St. Andrews: Conversion in Philosophy;
- UCL: History and Philosophy of Science, MA;

I would like to know if anyone has any information about these programs or knows about other options or has any thoughts about which path should I pursue.

Thanks!
artful_lounger
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For KCL and UCL, those courses are quite specific in scope and may not generalise to the broader realm of philosophy as well. In particular, HPS is actually a separate department from the philosophy department at UCL. If you are specifically wanting to focus on those areas then they are reasonable options, but if you want a broader background then one of the others may be more suitable. That said, the main MA Philosophy programme at KCL takes students from other disciplines as "conversion" students, although they note "conversion students should show evidence of an interest in and aptitude for the subject".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1205)
79.59%
Leave (309)
20.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise