gluttonyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
what are some appropriate examples of verbal tasks and some examples of visual tasks that can be used during a brain scan?
gluttonyyy
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
bump
M4cc4n4
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by justarosexo)
bump
Are you trying to study for a brain scan?
gluttonyyy
Rep:
(Original post by M4cc4n4)
Are you trying to study for a brain scan?
no I'm not thanks, I study A level psychology and its an exam question I need help on..
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Is this is a memory task, consider the n-back task.

It's used in measuring cognitive demand/stress.

0-back - participants repeat the most recently mentioned number

1-back - participants repeat the number mentioned before the most recently mentioned number.

For example:
You: 2
Participant : ...
You: 4
Participant: 2
You: 6
Participant: 4

2-back - participants repeat the number 2 places before the most recently mentioned number

For example:
Participant: ...
You: 1
gluttonyyy
Rep:
(Original post by UWS)
Is this is a memory task, consider the n-back task.

It's used in measuring cognitive demand/stress.

0-back - participants repeat the most recently mentioned number

1-back - participants repeat the number mentioned before the most recently mentioned number.

For example:
Participant : ...

2-back - participants repeat the number 2 places before the most recently mentioned number

For example:
You: 1
would that be a verbal task?
UWS
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
would that be a verbal task?
It's a verbal task.

Though you just mentioned now that this is A-Level so I'm not sure if it's relevant to your syllabus...
gluttonyyy
Rep:
(Original post by UWS)
It's a verbal task.

Though you just mentioned now that this is A-Level so I'm not sure if it's relevant to your syllabus...
it does seem a bit complex I haven't really heard of it but we've only just started the topic of memory so I'll put it down anyway...would reading be okay as a visual task?
UWS
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
it does seem a bit complex I haven't really heard of it but we've only just started the topic of memory so I'll put it down anyway...would reading be okay as a visual task?
As I mentioned, it's probably not the most straightforward way of measuring memory if you're doing A-Level psychology. you're better off picking something more simple.
Last edited by UWS; 3 years ago
gluttonyyy
Rep:
(Original post by UWS)
As I mentioned, it's probably not the most straightforward way of measuring memory if you're doing A-Level psychology. you're better off picking something more simple.
okay, thanks anyways
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads