The Student Room Group

Someone reversed into my car!

So i took mumsy to get some bits from Tesco this afternoon. Then once we were finished we sat in the car and had a sarnie for lunch. There was a car parked in the bay opposite, and I saw the guy get into his car and reverse out. Then suddenly my car rocked and there was a bang, so I turned around to see the f***er right up against my car and then he just sped off!

I thought nah, man's not just gonna take off... So I started chasing him down. The sneaky barsteward only got through the next traffic lights just as they were changing and left me stuck behind a red :colonhash: By the time they'd changed he was long gone.

Thankfully it was only a scuff that buffed out with a cloth, but man, some people...

Scroll to see replies

Okay.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
So i took mumsy to get some bits from Tesco this afternoon. Then once we were finished we sat in the car and had a sarnie for lunch. There was a car parked in the bay opposite, and I saw the guy get into his car and reverse out. Then suddenly my car rocked and there was a bang, so I turned around to see the f***er right up against my car and then he just sped off!

I thought nah, man's not just gonna take off... So I started chasing him down. The sneaky barsteward only got through the next traffic lights just as they were changing and left me stuck behind a red :colonhash: By the time they'd changed he was long gone.

Thankfully it was only a scuff that buffed out with a cloth, but man, some people...

Why didn't you call 101 and report a hit and run? Did you take their reg down?
lmao that's ****ing hilarious
Reply 4
Should’ve taken his number plate down

should've crossed the red bro. You're a political ambassador.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Why didn't you call 101 and report a hit and run? Did you take their reg down?

Didn't catch the reg, sadly, nothing I could do.
Original post by I am super Suave
Okay.

I am okay, thanks for asking :smile:
You should've been like "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!???? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I GOT 12 REP GEMS ON TSR!"
Original post by 3pointonefour
You should've been like "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!???? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I GOT 12 REP GEMS ON TSR!"

should've told him this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cy5cgTAe0A
Didn't catch the reg, sadly, nothing I could do.

This is why you need a dashcam (with parking mode).

Surely Tesco's would have CCTV for the car park.
Original post by replytowhatisay

I think the guy wanted him to leave
The fact of the matter is that you're not going to find the guy. Tesco aren't going to give you their CCTV, and you've managed to get rid of the damage with a cloth (therefore not serious).

The world is full of people who drive off after hitting other people's cars, and it's infuriating, but the only thing you can do now is make sure you're never affected again. Get front and back dashcams and then move on - it's all you can do.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
This is why you need a dashcam (with parking mode).

Surely Tesco's would have CCTV for the car park.

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
The fact of the matter is that you're not going to find the guy. Tesco aren't going to give you their CCTV, and you've managed to get rid of the damage with a cloth (therefore not serious).

The world is full of people who drive off after hitting other people's cars, and it's infuriating, but the only thing you can do now is make sure you're never affected again. Get front and back dashcams and then move on - it's all you can do.

As I said in the OP though, it was only a scuff that buffed out, so it's not worth the effort of pursuing it and I have no plans to do so. Just the f***ing cheek of the bloke pissed me right off :colonhash:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by replytowhatisay
should've crossed the red bro. You're a political ambassador.

Diplomatic immunity!
Thing is with a scuff like this is neither of you really wants it to go through insurers even if either side just reports the incident. They make a killing off it.
I am okay, thanks for asking :smile:

I wasn't. I couldn't care less about your well being mate.
Original post by 3pointonefour

No I'm RONNIE PICKERING
It was me, Mario,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending