Can I get into McGill with these grades? Watch

Somaiyah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently applied to McGill but I feel very pessimistic about my chances of getting an offer. I have 4A*s, 3As, 3Bs and a C at O level (pretty average) and bbbb at AS level in Maths, and the sciences. I applied for Physics. Since McGill didn't ask for any extracurriculars it all depends on the grades.. so do I stand a chance?
lil19k
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!

I'm sure you will be able to - they are pretty good grades.
Have you sent off your application yet/ heard back from them?

I have also applied for McGill but for Liberal Arts (hoping to study History of Art and Italian) so quite different from you haha!

Where do you come from? I'm an applicant from York, UK and don't know any other British applicants. I went over to visit McGill in October and attended one of their Open House Days. They are really informative and if you want info about applying there and grades it might be useful to visit, or email some of the staff/application team with questions.

Which other universities are you applying to? I have applied to Cambridge, UCL, St Andrews, Exeter and the Courtauld Institute (in addition to McGill).

Lily
Somaiyah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by lilyindira)
Hi!

I'm sure you will be able to - they are pretty good grades.
Have you sent off your application yet/ heard back from them?

I have also applied for McGill but for Liberal Arts (hoping to study History of Art and Italian) so quite different from you haha!

Where do you come from? I'm an applicant from York, UK and don't know any other British applicants. I went over to visit McGill in October and attended one of their Open House Days. They are really informative and if you want info about applying there and grades it might be useful to visit, or email some of the staff/application team with questions.

Which other universities are you applying to? I have applied to Cambridge, UCL, St Andrews, Exeter and the Courtauld Institute (in addition to McGill).

Lily
Thank you, I hope they at least give me a conditional offer..
And I applied a week ago and haven't heard back yet. They start sending offers in December, I think.

I am from Pakistan.

I have just applied to a couple of more unis, University of Victoria (Canada) and University of Groningen (Netherlands).

I hope you get into McGill and everywhere else you've applied! Good luck.
lil19k
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Somaiyah)
Thank you, I hope they at least give me a conditional offer..
And I applied a week ago and haven't heard back yet. They start sending offers in December, I think.

I am from Pakistan.

I have just applied to a couple of more unis, University of Victoria (Canada) and University of Groningen (Netherlands).

I hope you get into McGill and everywhere else you've applied! Good luck.
Yeah I think offers start coming through from December until March, so I'm assuming that I'll hear back sometime in the new year.

Are you taking your A2 exams this coming summer?

Good luck with your applications to McGill & your other universities too! Let me know when you hear back from McGill
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?